Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today i started my regimen.

Cleanser: Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser

BP: Brevoxyl 4% cream (cant get anyhting else yet)

Moisturiser: Neutrogena Moisture Oil Free Formula, Combination Skin: i dont know if I have combination skin, but hey.

Supplements:

6-8 fish oil capsules daily

about 30mg zinc daily

Exercise every couple days.

Washing, with hands and cleanser, morning and night. Both times, hot showers.

Anything Im doing wrong?

Wish me luck.

seems to be working already... Only thing im worried about is, theres no redness, and only a tiny bit of flaking. And thats woithout bothering to moisturise, and witha 4% cream!

I was preparing myself for some extreme discomfort, but meh. Maybe it aint working properly yet.

Hi,

Your products look good. It can take a week or so before the dryness sets in, so please use a bit of moisturizer from the get go.

Good luck!

Thanks! You are right, my skin is now flaking big time. However my acne is clearing, and frankly i couldnt give a shit about flaking when i have almost no active pimples!

I am moisturising now tho. does the moisturiser actually get rid of the flakes, or just make them appear lessened? if it doesnt actually DO anything I wont bother with it.

I'm so warm and calm inside

I no longer have to hide

Lets talk about something else

Steaming soup begins to melt

Nothing really bothers me

I can start to love my self

Hey Dan...You know you're right.

You know you're right.

(modified nirvana lyrics) my acne going away thanks dan you the man

:D Glad to see a happy person. Remember, don't get too thrilled yet! Reverses do happen, but they will get better again!

Truthfully, a warm shower would be better for your skin. ;) Hot showers increase inflammation, flaking, irritation and are kind of hard on your poor skin. I have even found that if I give myself a final cold water rinse, my skin produces less oil throughout the day.

Moisturizing is important to maintain your skin's ability to heal and to help with the flaking, irritation and dryness. It is vital to the success of the regimen. Dry skin can cause breakouts, too, since breakouts don't really care if you're oily or not. Breakouts happen due to a clogged pore. Of course, more often people with oily skin have larger pores that clog more easily, but dry skin can have just as many pimples.

Ok cool. Thanks a million for the advice!

I'll stop skipping the moisturiser step and maybe turn the temp down on my showers a little. My pimples are returning a bit, but im not fazed. I still feel good!

Cheers

Two week update.

My face is way better, Im getting one or two pimples per day. This is in comparison with 10-15 previously. EVERY DAY.

Ive changed products to 2.5% panoxyl. It is a gel and smells terrible. But it should be mpre suitable than the 4% brevoxyl i was using.

My back and chest are getting there.

My skins dry and a bit red but almost acne free. Now just the years of layered scar tissue remain. :(

Does anyone find that they just cant get enough, and they always want more? Im not satisified. A couple weeks ago I would have been ecstatic that my acne was clearing. And now im annoyed about scars ive had for ages??

But yeah. progress=sofar so good.

I'm using pretty much the same stuff, except I'm using Dan's BP.

You should get some, so that your skin won't be as dry.

I just started 2 days ago, I hope we both make progress.

The acne scars suck huh? They'll probably go away, but it's going to take a longgg time.

Yep. And my complete acne ignorance in the past means the scars I have were probably avoidable.

Dad bought me five (!) tubes of Dans BP, should arrive in a few weeks. (Dont live in the US) I cant wait till they arrive!

Good luck with the regimen man!

Three week update- face is more or less free of active acne: scars, flaking and redness remain.

Body has two or three big nasty spots, the rest is clearing. Lots of scar tissue here.

Visible white patches beneath lip and white bags under eyes where BP is not applied/not acne hotspots. I look like an inverted panda