Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zeroThree

How Much BP is Too Much?

I've been on The Regimen for about four months now and it's working moderately well, still having breakouts but they're not nearly as bad as they used to be.

My question is, can too much BP be bad?

I'm using so much now that it takes about 40 minutes to rub it gently into my face. I'm not worried about dryness; I realize a lot of BP will dry my skin. I am worried that even Dan's 2.5% BP (which I am using) isn't gentle enough to be effectively used in such large quantities, even though Dan does recommend using a lot.

Any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would just use one thick finger-length of BP on for your face. It should take about 5-8 minutes to absorb into your face. I'd say that if it takes more than 10 minutes, it might dry on your face before it gets absorbed. If you're not already doing so, do your entire face at one time instead of applying it to certain sections in order to save time.

i gently rub dan's bp into my skin until it turns clear which takes about 3 minutes. my skin is usually pretty wet with bp at this point, but i don't believe that any more rubbing will cause bp to absorb in any faster. the bp completely absorbs/dries about 20 minutes later.

btw, i'm using the full amount of bp (full thick finger length).

Can I try this;

Apply half a finger first

Wait till it dries

Then apply the other half.

For some reason i just can't stand putting that much BP at one time, it feels so slimy and gooey and just wrong is so many ways.

Can I try this;

Apply half a finger first

Wait till it dries

Then apply the other half.

For some reason i just can't stand putting that much BP at one time, it feels so slimy and gooey and just wrong is so many ways.

Hm... even though it dries within 3-4 minutes? It's too weird to have such a thick layer on, it takes forever to dry too. But oh, well as long it it works, and it is working!

This is my 3rd week on the regimen, I am still at 1/4 finger(i started out at 1/4). Next week I will ramp it up to 1/2 finger. Right now, my skin is used to BP now, I don't get the "hardening" effect, feel of warmth, or redness :)

I don't believe rubbing the BP will make it dry faster. Just gently spread it on the areas and let it dry by itself. Of course if u put too much it's gonna take longer to dry.

What I do is apply a half a finger to my problem area Wait maybe 2-3 minutes until its somewhat dry and then apply the second half, adding a bit more bp on any active spots or whatnot. I find that works very well me. Doesnt affect the regimen at all from what I can see, considering I'm clear.. besides the redmarks

It takes me 20 minutes to apply the BP, I apply two full fingers to my chin alone, as that’s the area the regimen simply can not control, I don’t know why. Reading threw this though makes me wonder, because I apply the BP gently until my chin is kinda 'tacky' as directed, maybe I should stop before I usually do and let it dry on its own?

It takes me 20 minutes to apply the BP, I apply two full fingers to my chin alone, as that’s the area the regimen simply can not control, I don’t know why. Reading threw this though makes me wonder, because I apply the BP gently until my chin is kinda 'tacky' as directed, maybe I should stop before I usually do and let it dry on its own?

How much bp are you using exactly? I've only been on the regimen for about a month, but I really can't imagine it taking more than 1.5 fingers, 2 max. I mean, I do believe Dan said the point of even having one finger (which is more than enough to cover the face) is so that the face and acne definately gets the effects of bp, or something like that. I just can't imagine needing more than 2....I realize some people have severe acne but in that case it just takes longer to go away and adding more bp isn't going to make it go away faster. I also think it might be irritating to the skin even if your are super gentle, and irritation = higher chance of acne forming.

I'm not sure...just some thoughts.

Also, sorry if these seem obvious but, two more thoughts/questions:

Are you using any comedogenic products?

Or, idk if you are, but picking on skin can make it a lot worse...recently my chin just broke out (it's my biggest trouble area) and it was really discouraging to see it break out after the other areas cleared, it's also the flakiest area...anyway, after picking at it out of frustration it became even worse!