Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest sm_oore

Saline

Guest sm_oore

Edited....

Thought I might have need subcision but it turns out Dr. Sire thought I didn't really need it.

Guest sm_oore

bump bump*

going in the next couple days. Any more help/advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Sheryllynn

Guest delta force operators

keep us updated on everything, im interested in how ur saline or subcission turns out,, thanks

Guest sm_oore

yeah, i went in to ask mainly about subcision and it turns out Sire said i didn't need it.

i thought i did but he said that if the scar is still moving around okay with the skin and isn't relatively stagnant, ie. tethered down then you don't need it. I guess he's right because that's the whole purpose of subcision, some scars look like they were on me but some people kind of jump the gun on deciding if they really need it or not, including me. So if you go see a Dr. for it, don't assume that you need it.

But i'm scheduled to get saline Oct 12th so i'll definitely post how it goes, even if i don't respond to it well.

yeah, i went in to ask mainly about subcision and it turns out Sire said i didn't need it.

i thought i did but he said that if the scar is still moving around okay with the skin and isn't relatively stagnant, ie. tethered down then you don't need it. I guess he's right because that's the whole purpose of subcision, some scars look like they were on me but some people kind of jump the gun on deciding if they really need it or not, including me. So if you go see a Dr. for it, don't assume that you need it.

But i'm scheduled to get saline Oct 12th so i'll definitely post how it goes, even if i don't respond to it well.

Guest sm_oore

if you massage your skin and the scar isn't moving around with the rest of the skin too well, then it is probably tethered down by fibrosis bands of scar tissue.

I don't know, hopefully i explained it alright.

I'd still ask a Derm. or PS about it though.

if you massage your skin and the scar isn't moving around with the rest of the skin too well, then it is probably tethered down by fibrosis bands of scar tissue.

I don't know, hopefully i explained it alright.

I'd still ask a Derm. or PS about it though.

Hey goodluck with u'r prodecure....so u are getting saline is that? is that a filler? plz update afterwards b/c i have very similar scars and my mimic all u'r procedures u do lol.

Thx

what saline does is it breaks scar tissue and stimulates collagen,

please keep us updated couse ur scars look like mine also and would like to know the progress

I went to Dr Sire for a subcision and the scars he said were good for subsicion were the saucer type , about 2-3mm round, but the interesting thing is those scars would almost completely level out with filler?? And they worked great with the subcision, pretty much disappeared? They weren't all that deep, not like craters. I really can't fiqure out what works and what doesn't work for subcision. I mean I've heard of people getting it done for wrinkles?I'm actually going back to Dr Sire next month to see if he will try subcision on an area he didn't think it would work. But I had such good results with subsicion, I want to see if he'll try.

Guest sm_oore

yeah i actually saw some lady get subcision or something a lot like it on a couple dimples on the back of her thighs. lol.

How many rounds of saline did you get? Did you get them before subcision or after?

But yeah keep us updated sheryllynn....maybe i'll see you there.

sm oore how did u saline injections go? what was the precedure like?

Guest sm_oore

yeah, it went ok. I know i probably won't see any immediate improvement, but its been a couple days and still can't really judge after 1 treatment. But it wasn't that painful, it just feels like a needle going in, so some pain and bleeding. My cheeks were pretty red after the tx and had some blood spots but thats about it. They said they think i'll need about 3 or 4 so i'll have to see how it goes. But the saline doesn't totally subside until a couple days, at least in my case. Can't really see any improvement so far but I'm getting them every 2 weeks, so i'll let you all know how it goes. oh yeah price is $175.

yeah, it went ok. I know i probably won't see any immediate improvement, but its been a couple days and still can't really judge after 1 treatment. But it wasn't that painful, it just feels like a needle going in, so some pain and bleeding. My cheeks were pretty red after the tx and had some blood spots but thats about it. They said they think i'll need about 3 or 4 so i'll have to see how it goes. But the saline doesn't totally subside until a couple days, at least in my case. Can't really see any improvement so far but I'm getting them every 2 weeks, so i'll let you all know how it goes. oh yeah price is $175.

how much rounds of saline are u going to get?

Guest sm_oore

uh, I don't know yet. I paid for three, but i heard that that's when people start to see improvement if any so I'll see how it goes. I heard that some people say they start to see the improvement after 4 and some don't see any at all, so I'll probably have to stick it out and go for 4-6 tx's. It's only $175 a tx so I'm figuring I might as well take advantage of the price and give it a shot considering all the other treatments. Just hope i get some improvement.

First round though, didn't see any improvement whatsoever.

I'll keep you guys updated though.