Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

I have a confusion about the regimen, please unconfuse me lol

Ive been using oil free neutrogena moisturizer but it has made my skin ten times more oily. I have this moisturizer I bought at Bare Essentials when I bought their crappy make up months ago (no longer use the make up because it is very comedogenic). If you are new to the regimen, it means you cannot add new products. If I use a moisturizer that contains Glycolic Acid, would that mean I am adding a product to the regimen too soon? Im confused =/

usually adding new products to the regimen isn't recommended because the face is usually a little dry and irritated as you adjust to using a large amount of BP. it can be even more irritating if you add more products with active ingredients such as AHA/BHA. AHA moisturizers may sting and cause redness when used with BP, but they can also help with dryness and flakiness. i would say that if you try it, start out slowly (say only once per day or every other day) and stop if you think it becomes irritating.

Ive been using oil free neutrogena moisturizer but it has made my skin ten times more oily. I have this moisturizer I bought at Bare Essentials when I bought their crappy make up months ago (no longer use the make up because it is very comedogenic). If you are new to the regimen, it means you cannot add new products. If I use a moisturizer that contains Glycolic Acid, would that mean I am adding a product to the regimen too soon? Im confused =/

Glycolic Acid is perfectly fine for the DKR. Dan himself has used AHA before.

Yeah I think so...the only reason Dan gives a warning is probably because GA too soon is irritating for most people, just a heads up. If your skin handles it well I don't think it'd be a prob though :confused:

Good luck, let me know how it goes, I wanna try it too!

Yeah I think so...the only reason Dan gives a warning is probably because GA too soon is irritating for most people, just a heads up. If your skin handles it well I don't think it'd be a prob though :confused:

Good luck, let me know how it goes, I wanna try it too!

Molly, if this moisturizer is non-comedogenic and you've been on the Regimen for a month or so, you could go ahead and try it and see if you like it. Some people get great benefits from glycolic moisturizers, while others get red irritated skin. I'd recommend trying it once a day for the first week or two to see how your skin is going to like it. Just alternate it with whatever other moisturizer you have. If you notice any problems developing due to it, then drop it and go back to a simple moisturizer. :)

Molly, if this moisturizer is non-comedogenic and you've been on the Regimen for a month or so, you could go ahead and try it and see if you like it. Some people get great benefits from glycolic moisturizers, while others get red irritated skin. I'd recommend trying it once a day for the first week or two to see how your skin is going to like it. Just alternate it with whatever other moisturizer you have. If you notice any problems developing due to it, then drop it and go back to a simple moisturizer. :)