Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soul78

Derm gave me Bactroban for flare

End of month 3 and experiencing a flare on my cheeks. I called my derm and am not able to get in until monday so she called in a prescription for Bactroban 2% topical antibiotic.

Anyone have experience with this? She said it should help to stop the burning/stinging inflammation etc.

It's a very broad spectrum antibiotic topical. Please use only the tiniest layer on only the affected parts. Please don't use it a long time; it could kill a great majority of the bacteria and then you could have overgrowth of yeast/fungus/what have you.

It's a very broad spectrum antibiotic topical. Please use only the tiniest layer on only the affected parts. Please don't use it a long time; it could kill a great majority of the bacteria and then you could have overgrowth of yeast/fungus/what have you.

Said to apply it 3 times per day for 10 days. Is sounds like it is strong or powerful?

Said to apply it 3 times per day for 10 days. Is sounds like it is strong or powerful?

It will help your flare, no matter the bug that's causing it.

Please don't use the leftovers on any other type of infection without prior approval from your doc. :) (that goes for any antibiotic whatsoever.)

Please don't use the leftovers on any other type of infection without prior approval from your doc. :) (that goes for any antibiotic whatsoever.)

Would this be something I could use to treat flares throughout the course. ie. I have had a few flares since starting, things will sometimes flare up for a couple weeks then go down again. Think it would be ok to use this at say, 10 day intervals during flares and then stop for a few weeks and repeat if necessary etc.?