Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sammy87

accutane last year. proactive this year???

ok so i had a 5 or 6 month accutane treatment course last year that ended in sept. 06 and my face had been doing great, no pimples only scars...that is up until last month when i got a huge pimple and even before that one was done healing i got another big one, and then another one just like it, they all took about 2 to 3 weeks to heal and left scars :cry: so now im thinking about trying proactive to clear up the two pimples i have left and also help with some of the scars. what do u guys and girls think? should i do proactive? its been a year since i finished the accutane and i really don't want the pimples to come back like they did last month. please give me some insight. thanx

Proactive was the worst product I have ever used in my life. If anything it made me acne worse, and you feel greasy and are really shiny after you use it and have it on.

Try a product called Acne Free. You can get it at any like CVS or Walgreens type store. Its cheaper than proactiv by a lot, and its much gentler and more effective. It got rid of my acne very quick.

When I tried proactive if made my skin worse, but it may work for you. I agree with GrimZ though, Acne Free is much cheaper, and in my eyes it's almost the exact same thing as proactive at a much cheaper price. :D

Proactive is another over hyped, over priced product from the states that does nothing i tried it for 1 month and found no improvement. If anything my acne just got worse. Do not try proactive it is a waste of time.

ProActive cleared my skin totally. I had really bad acne and proactive left only tiny red spots what needs time to cure. But as soon as my proactive bottles ended the acne got back and was even worse ! So as soon as you start using your ProActive think that you'll be in jail. You have to use proactive and if it ends you have to buy a new one again and again. You should find another way to cure from acne.

how big were the pimples? I am in the same situation, I get these huge pimples the size of half a penny and boil like.. once every 2 months or so, skin is clear of acne, just red marks left and scars.

proactiv is awful!! if you want to use something after accutane, go to your derm and get a topical like differin or retin-a and benzaclin/duac. they're basically the same thing as proactiv (except for salicylic acid) and work a lot better and don't make your face feel greasy and gross!

I used Proactiv for almost two years; it was the reason my face cleared up and the reason my face stayed fairly clear. I know there are mixed reviews, and I can give you the best advice I can. The reason why I stopped using it was because I felt the treatment was no longer necessary (as my skin is very clear and has been for awhile), it's quite expensive, and it can be harsh/drying. You shouldn't be using these products if you just want to clear up two pimples and reduce red marks because it's too harsh.

So there are 3 steps to this system - cleanse, tone, moisturize. You should pick one out of the three options below:

1. Find a gentle, non-medicated cleanser to use morning and night; use the Proactiv moisturizer with BP just at night before bed.

2. Use the Proactiv cleanser in the morning by itself; use it again at night coupled with the moisturizer.

3. Use just the cleanser in the morning and then all 3 steps at night.

But I think you would do just as well to purchase the refining face mask and use it as spot treatment over night. It does wonders.

Thanx everybody. so im gonna say no to proactive and maybe buy a small tube of something with 2% BP or salicylic acid to help the few pimples i do get. dear tokra, the pimples i got were about the size of an apple seed kinda, i could tell that one of them acutally wasn't just from one pore it was taking up 3 pores