Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
b_water

Try the dairy free diet

I posted this already a few times in this forum.

I've read a few threads in the archives concerning daries, but I had the impression the no one here has really tried an absolute dairy free diet, for a few months. In my case, I decided to try last year. I can now safely claim that it is the best cure I've ever tried in over 30 years. This is why I am encouraging you folks to try it. If you've suffered enough or for long enough, then I bet you can handle a few months of no dairies. You'll want some calcium supplement like tums, but other than that it's not really such a big deal, certainly easier and healtier than many other cures described here. If nothing it will force you to be more creative for your mealas....is there something else other than the usual glass of milk and cereal in the morning?

-- b_water

uhh...oats + fruit ?

I think dairy is really bad for acne. I agree I stay away from dairy as well. I drink soy milk instead, however some say soy products break them out. sooooo.....I guess to just eat as natural as possible and see what works.

I eliminated dairy and sugar for one year.

It didn't change my acne one bit.

It did help my stomach though (I have IBS).

I eliminated dairy and sugar for one year.

It didn't change my acne one bit.

It did help my stomach though (I have IBS).

I agree, dairy is terrible for acne prone skin. btw, i think it's the milk protein and caseins that are the culprit, not the lactase.

However, eliminating dairy is not a cure, it only helps prevent more severe breakouts.

Apparently reducing/elim dairy can HELP with acne (not get rid of it), if your body responds to this kind of thing.

It's certainly worth a try to add to a regimen!

Just wanted to add to this though, yogurt should not be cut out when reducing diary, it has different chemical properties that do not act the same as milk/cheese in respect to helping with acne. Yogurt = good for you and your skin!

This may be a dumb question.....but does it have any effect if you cut back drastically on the dairy, rather than cut it out of your diet entirely?

I once went a month and a 1/2 w/out sugar and dairy and I didn't see any change either. But mine also seems to be hormonal. It's also possible that I just didn't give the diet long enough to have any effect. Maybe?