Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My wedding is in two weeks, and my face is still crappy, eventhough i've been using Retin A for months. Finally, out of frustration i stopped using any product and decided to go natural. Now I have these huge zits,eventhough yesterday i went to the derm to get a cortisone shots on those zits.

Am I asking too much, can't I have a magical wedding day without these stupid acne on my face?????

2 weeks is not very long to get clear skin!

I wouldn't put all your hopes on this.

Just get everything else sorted for the wedding, and leave lots of time for the make up girl to do a good coverage of foundation on you.

This post about weddings, and your profile name November Rain, reminds me of my favourite Guns N Roses video November Rain, where Axl marries Stephanie Seymore. She looks absolutely stunning in the vid and she wears the only wedding dress i would ever want to marry in. mmmm..............

Check it out.

My wedding is in two weeks, and my face is still crappy, eventhough i've been using Retin A for months. Finally, out of frustration i stopped using any product and decided to go natural. Now I have these huge zits,eventhough yesterday i went to the derm to get a cortisone shots on those zits.

Am I asking too much, can't I have a magical wedding day without these stupid acne on my face?????

Did you talk to your derm about trying something besides Retin-A?

What other topicals do you use? Have you considered BP (which can really help with large pimples)?

I think au natural is unlikely help, but at the same time any new regimen will probably take months for good results. Some advice: don't pick or pop (in case you do). From experience, it almost always makes it worse and even harder to conceal with makeup.

I agree to get a good makeup artist and remember that whoever is marrying you is marrying YOU & not your skin. You're the bride & you'll be the most radiant, glowing person there no matter what; and a wedding ceremony is about celebrating your love & commitment, not your physical beauty. That said, I totally get the desire to look perfect & beautiful on your big day, but no one can be perfect, so just accept beautiful & slightly flawed & enjoy your wedding ;)

I wouldnt be so concerned about that acne...you``ve won...your getting married..you beat acne you prevailed....Acne Lost its battle against you.....Enjoy your rewards and savior the victory and enjoy that life

[This post about weddings, and your profile name November Rain, reminds me of my favourite Guns N Roses video November Rain, where Axl marries Stephanie Seymore. She looks absolutely stunning in the vid and she wears the only wedding dress i would ever want to marry in. mmmm..............]---> don't know how to quote

I actually took my profile after the song, and I absolutely remember the vid *oopss...did i just reveal that i'm that old*

Anyway, i know that despite my acne i'm very blessed, my (future) husband and I have been together for more than 7 years, and he has seen me with crystal clear skin *sigh..how i miss those lovely times* and also my battle with acne for these past 2 years, and he love me still with or without acne.

I just wish that at least for my wedding day I can feel carefree and worried about other things beside the acne. But, it's all I can think about. OMG, I sound so pathetic. Must think positive...must think positive...must think positive...*banging head to the wall*

Hi there,

Why did you stop Retin A? Was it too harsh? If so, Renova .02 may be an option, it's milder and still works good on acne. Or, Salicylic acid is another good option. I heard Paula's Choice products are really good - exfoliants. Lastly, have you tried any prescription medications? Minocyline one 50mg or 100mg pill day, worked awesome for me (good results within a week or so)... However, after stopping treatment after about two months the acne returned a bit. Now, I'm on low dose Accutane. How do you think the celebrities keep such clear skin - some have to be on medications! I've read Accutane is popular in Hollywood as is I'm sure some of the regular antibiotics...

Good luck and do enjoy your wedding. It will be lovely!

Yvette

I just wish that at least for my wedding day I can feel carefree and worried about other things beside the acne. But, it's all I can think about. OMG, I sound so pathetic. Must think positive...must think positive...must think positive...*banging head to the wall*

Ok, my wedding is in 3 days. And being me, ofcourse i freak out because there are a couple of active acne on my cheek (the rest are mostly red marks and scars), so last night i went to the derm again to get a cortisone injection. And this morning i wanted to cry because there is a new zit under my nose(in a lovely bright red color) that decided that it's funny not to show itself last night (in front of the derm!!!!!!) and instead pop out and say hello to me this morning. OMG, this is such a cruel joke, why can't my face behave itself?????

Do you guys think i should go to the derm again or just let it be and cover it with make up (i'm so frustrated right now, 3 dayssss!!!!3 daysss!!!!, what am I gonna do????) :boohoo:

Ok, my wedding is in 3 days. And being me, ofcourse i freak out because there are a couple of active acne on my cheek (the rest are mostly red marks and scars), so last night i went to the derm again to get a cortisone injection. And this morning i wanted to cry because there is a new zit under my nose(in a lovely bright red color) that decided that it's funny not to show itself last night (in front of the derm!!!!!!) and instead pop out and say hello to me this morning. OMG, this is such a cruel joke, why can't my face behave itself?????

Do you guys think i should go to the derm again or just let it be and cover it with make up (i'm so frustrated right now, 3 dayssss!!!!3 daysss!!!!, what am I gonna do????) :boohoo:

I noticed your last post was on the fifth, and if you were counting that day as one day, your wedding is today! If so, I hope you have an absolutely WONDERFUL time. I had a great day myself a few months ago.

If this is the day before your wedding, please look at the bottom of my signature for ways to minimize the redness and appearance of pimples. Sometimes it helps in 24 hours to reduce the size and inflammation of the areas.

Let us know how wonderful a time you had.

I myself did not think of my skin once during the big day; I was too busy having fun and forgetting about myself, looking at my handsome new husband and he is such a darling. *sighs*

PS: Please do come back here and continue reading and researching even after your wedding. There are so many helpful ideas and people here that you're almost bound to find something that will help your skin. Even if it is after the fact of your wedding. I sure wish I'd seen this post earlier so I could have given you the most important advice: RELAX and enjoy yourself. ;)