Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tewky

How often do you guys/girls wash?

I gently clense my face twice a day with cetaphil cleanser in combination with my acne regimen.

However, I am unsure as to how often I SHOULD be washing my back and chest. So far I only do it once a day (in the shower obviously) with the cetaphil stuff.

So, do you other body acne sufferers wash your body twice a day?

I gently clense my face twice a day with cetaphil cleanser in combination with my acne regimen.

However, I am unsure as to how often I SHOULD be washing my back and chest. So far I only do it once a day (in the shower obviously) with the cetaphil stuff.

So, do you other body acne sufferers wash your body twice a day?

I just wash the body once a day, when I get home from work. I work as a nurse, so one definitely wants to clean off completely when you get off-shift. bleh.

You could just apply your treatments to your back, chest, arms without cleansing them, if you want to apply twice daily treatments. That should work just fine, you wouldn't need to wash yourself twice a day.

I can see washing the face twice a day as it's generally more oily, but not the body: that would make the skin so dry and itchy! (At least for me, it would).

Thanks for the responses.

As for the products...I don't use anything on my chest, back, or arms. I find it to be too much trouble to apply products, some that bleach/stain clothes, others that hurt the skin, and others that have unpleasent odours or sensations. Instead I cleanse once a day and have a taken a natural approach to my body acne.

The way I see it, dealing with the symptoms is expensive and inconvenient. I'd rather take care of the problem, which is why I have adopted a strict 'acne' diet and lifestyle, as well as started taking supplements.

It's working so far and I just generally feel healthier, but I am wondering if the reason I still suffer from SOME acne and clogged pores on my chest is because I am not cleansing enough.

I've heard mixed reports on washing. Some say you should avoid cleansing often, sometimes entirely, because it aggravates the skin. And I've heard some people say that you have to do it twice a day.

I don't know what to do >.<

I tend to bathe twice a day with Dove's white beauty bar for my body, and Aqua glyolic for my face, washing twice a day for both I've seen great improvements in my body acne. I've started to use a loofah at least once a day on my body as well which had seemed to help. I've been cutting back on that some now though since I'm pretty sure I've slopped off all the older skin, and built up grime from previous products now. :redface:

Everyones skin does work different though, so you can just test to see which works better for you. :D

After I got past around 16, I started only having mild body acne, and my boyfriend has severe body acne, so I feel strange even opening my mouth, but . . .

I forget why I started showering 2x a day (maybe because I felt gross), but all of a sudden I noticed 85% of inflammatory acne and 70% of the non-inflammatory acne on my back and chest disappeared. I thought that was as good as it was gonna get, but then I happened to try my baby hair brush on my body and became 90% clear. How I got rid of the last 10% only really applies to well-endowed ladies, so it wouldn't be incredibly helpful to you.

I don't use any treatments, and when I went back to one shower per day, the acne came back.

i always wash my back at least once a day and usually twice. it clears up better when it's clean and you can sort of slough off the dead skin (gently not harshly) which makes twice more effective in my humble opinion.