Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have read great reviews from the Treatment Review part on Aspirin Mask. How many of you guys have used it, and is it worth my time?

Should I leave it on overnight?

I haven't heard of that... but I pretty much don't believe that anything can be done topically at this point. It seems the only thing that is really effective is Accutane and that's Rx only... And my acne is too mild to get it... ya know? I just heard about B5 Vitamins... I guess I'll look into that next.

I use the aspirin mask about 3 times per week, and I have found that it really kills the hard to beat pimples that I get sometimes. I used this when I had a bad breakout right before my girlfriends wedding and I could see results immediately! It brought down the redness a lot, and it brought down a lot of the swelling too-plus its a good exfoliant.

I don't recommend leaving it on overnight, unless you want to get aspirin and honey on your pillow. I make a thick paste and apply it all over my face or just spot treat-I leave it on for 30-45 minutes and I then wash it off in very cold water so I can get rid of even more redness in my face. I scrub for maybe a minute or two. I tone then moisturize after. I love this mask.

I use both the Aspirin mask and toner. I like the toner better, just cause it is less mess and I think it helps me daily instead of just once every couple of days. I think it helps get the red out of skin. It doesn't sting at all. this with other products are helping get my body acne clear.

P.S and oh so cheap woohooo!:)

I'm using the mask daily. It doesn't aggrave my skin, it's cheap, and I am only using 5 pills of it (300mg each). However, if it does aggravate your skin, using it less frequently is the best option. In addition, if you are worried about possible side effects of the skin absorbing the aspirin, using it daily might be too much; I personally don't see the issue, as by my observations (by what's left on my skin after the mask), I figure at most 1-2 pills are being absorbed.

I only leave it on for 20-30 minutes. I am unsure as to whether leaving it on for longer has any additional benefits though, so I am keeping an open mind and reading other people's experiences with it.

I use Asprin too, Although I dont use it with honey..

I crush up a few Asprins with a little warm water and spot treat, leave it on for bout 20-30 mins or until totally dry and wash it off with cold water, takes a lot of redness away and really helps spots.

I do recommend this as i have sensitive skin and this doesnt irritate my skin at all :)

IMHO-i think the honey is essential to the treatment-it moisturizes my skin and its antibacterial, plus it keeps the aspirin stuck to my face. I have tried aspirin with ACV toner, just with water, w/ aloe vera gel, and with vitamin e oil-I have seen the very best results from when I combine the aspirin with honey and make a thick (very thick) paste and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. MY rational for leaving it on so long is that I am basing the length of time on how long (on average) it takes me to feel the effects of aspirin when taking it internally. I want to get the full anti-inflammatory effects-so I leave it on for at least 30 minutes. It is good just as a scrub too-but it doesn't take out as much redness. I swear when I have a bad break out and need it to be gone quick-I use this mask and after 30-45 minutes my pimples are reduced by half. Thats my experience with aspirin but I am using it in a different way than many of you are here.

One tip I have is: grind up your aspirin in a coffee grinder-this gives your toners, masks, spot treatments a very smooth consistency which allows the aspirin to be evenly distributed and evenly absorbed.

how are you using it? as a mask, spot treatment, or scrub? How long do you leave the mixture on your skin? How fine of a powder are you grinding your aspirin? In my experience the finer you grind the aspirin and the longer you leave it on the better. The thing is: the mask really has two purposes 1) unclogging pores (exfoliating) 2) reducing redness (anti-inflammatory). So if your only using it as a scrub you are not going to reduce the redness as much as you would with a mask or spot treatment. I think the honey is important because it counteracts the drying effects of the aspirin. I have sensitive and easily dried out skin so I try to avoid dehydrating my skin at all costs. Honey is even good by itself on your skin.

how are you using it? as a mask, spot treatment, or scrub? How long do you leave the mixture on your skin? How fine of a powder are you grinding your aspirin? In my experience the finer you grind the aspirin and the longer you leave it on the better. The thing is: the mask really has two purposes 1) unclogging pores (exfoliating) 2) reducing redness (anti-inflammatory). So if your only using it as a scrub you are not going to reduce the redness as much as you would with a mask or spot treatment. I think the honey is important because it counteracts the drying effects of the aspirin. I have sensitive and easily dried out skin so I try to avoid dehydrating my skin at all costs. Honey is even good by itself on your skin.

I am taking 10-20 pills grinding them up adding a lil tad bit of water, and puting it all over my face for maybe 2-3 hours.