Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soul78

How much water are you all drinking while on Accutane?

They say to drink a lot of water, how much is everyone drinking in litres or gallons/day?

Sorry is this is kind of gross, but believe it or not, I have read that our urine should be close to a clear or opaque yellow, if it is more yellowish then clear then that is a sign that you need more water intake. :think:

I'm drinking about four to five 20 ounce bottles a day. I'm also active daily in sports, but that seems to be efficient and enough water for my body.

At least 3 liters or a bit more a day should be more than sufficient. :) That's about what I drink now anyway (without accutane).

Regular, sufficient water intake really helps with energy, alertness, and general health.

i don't go anywhere without a bottle in my hand. my dad even started an empty bottle collection to recycle for money :P

During the day at work i am constantly drinking from my 500ml water bottle - which i refill in the staff tearoom.

I get thru about 5 of those , so 2.5Litres. I am always going to the toilet!

Yes, the colour of your urine is a very good way of seeing if you are drinking enough water. The more you drink, the more dilute your urine will be (the less yellow it will be).

Then when i get home in the evenings i drink about another 3 glasses , so 1.5Litres.

Total, about 4 litres a day.

But whenever i remember, i drink a 500ml of water. Its free, it does you good, it fills you up so you feel less hungry, and going to the toilet frequently is good coz it means i have to get up and leave my computer screen for 5 mins - which is a good break for the eyes and workstress.

You can't drink too much water

- well apart from those medical cases where people have drank 10 pints of water within 5 mins and have flooded their cells and died.

like the famous Leia Betts case - where she took Ecstasy and her parents freaked and forced her to drink 10 or so pints of water and she died from her cells exploding of water or something.

But that is extreme.

Drinking half a litre every hour or 2 is quite doable i think. when i remember.

As soon as i come back from the toilet, i refill my bottle and start sipping again.

I'm usually not thirsty either, but sipping on a beverage becomes such a habit that before I know it, I've had a lot of water!

Just keep your bottle or glass filled and take a sip every once in a while; slowly you'll drink a sufficient quantity.

Apparently pinching your palm and seeing how long it takes to return to a normal color is a good indicator of dehydration.

To answer the question - I pretty much drink all the time, as much as I can.. except before meals, gotta make some space for actual food aswell