Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girl333

nurse says I have too many scars for TCA cross

today i was told i had too many scars to do tca cross and a tca peel would be more practical. I am getting fraxels done now and was wondering if tca peel works for scarring? has anyone tried this for deep icepick scars? also has anyone else not been able to do tca cross because of this? okay thanks

hey girl,

i don't think she meant you CAN'T have tca cross. she meant it'd be easier (that's the key word...easy) to just do a peel. OF COURSE you could do cross. you can do whatever u want! but if they did it all at once, you'd have scabs all over, or else they'd have to do some spots this time, and some spots that time, n yadda yadda yadda. either way, it'd take a long time. make sense?

sorry i don't know about the peel. didn't do those yet. some of the studs on this board will answer that part though. they been around...

good luck babe!

today i was told i had too many scars to do tca cross and a tca peel would be more practical. I am getting fraxels done now and was wondering if tca peel works for scarring? has anyone tried this for deep icepick scars? also has anyone else not been able to do tca cross because of this? okay thanks

You could do several sessions of 100% TCA CROSS as you have many scars. I believe one of the above posters is correct, it is easier to do a TCA peel of middle to lower strength, than it is to do the painstaking process of 100% TCA CROSS for someone who has many many scars. It would take the practitioner such a long time to do it well, she may consider it too much work for the time invested. I do not know, though.

A series of superficial peels or a series of deeper (not too deep!!!) TCA peels would help a bit and might even you out enough so that a TCA CROSS would be more feasible over time. Just be aware that you MUST use sunscreen after a TCA peel (or ANY other type of peel.)

Wouldn't jumping straight to 100% be dangerous? Thought you had to gradually build your way up to it? I bought some 100% TCA a few months ago but never dared use it, can't imagine how much a full facial of 100% would burn, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea.

From the sounds of it girl333, a series of milder peels sounds right up your alley, once you start seeing some all round improvement you can try 50% or higher on the scars that are the most prominent, i dunno what the nurse meant by saying you CAN'T do a cross, it's still possible but like said above, perhaps they were just suggesting that a peel is more practical.

Wouldn't jumping straight to 100% be dangerous? Thought you had to gradually build your way up to it? I bought some 100% TCA a few months ago but never dared use it, can't imagine how much a full facial of 100% would burn, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea.

From the sounds of it girl333, a series of milder peels sounds right up your alley, once you start seeing some all round improvement you can try 50% or higher on the scars that are the most prominent, i dunno what the nurse meant by saying you CAN'T do a cross, it's still possible but like said above, perhaps they were just suggesting that a peel is more practical.