Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey there I am about to start the regimen with BP. I live in New Zealand and am not sure what products are available.

The things I need to buy are:

1. Cleanser

At the moment my cleanser I use has salycilyc acid. What type can I buy with no oil, no salicylic acid and that is not too expensive?

2. Moisturiser

I wouldnt have a clue about moisturisers, having never used one in my life. What brand is affordable and effective?

One other question: During the days I use a tinted clearasil on my acne. is it ok to continue with this? id be scared to stop using it.

And advice or hints would be a ppreciated greatly

richie-182

You'll want to use the three main products:

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Gentle Cleanser

Moisturizer.

Look for products that say "non-comedogenic" which means it doesn't clog pores.

Cleansers

Dan's

CeraVe

Purpose

Basis

Moisturizers

Dan's

Cetaphil Cream or Lotion

CeraVe

Olay Complete

You do not want to use 10& Benzoyl Peroxide with the regimen, it will dry your skin out incredibly. Stay with 5% or less. Moisturizer day and night. Start with small amounts of 2.5% BP.

Ah thanks. In regard to the moisturiser, do i apply it while the BP stuff is also on my skin? Like both at once or one at night, one at day?

You apply the BP then you wait at least 5 minutes for it to dry, then you apply the moisturizer. You'll want to apply moisturizer every time you apply the BP

I also recommend using as little products as possible. Cleanser, bp, and moisturizer, that is all. If you put too much, your face will get irritated so no I dont recommend clearisil. Also make sure you watch Dans videos and read the biggest mistakes page. You dont want to start the regimen too quickly. Dont lather too much bp. You need to slowly work your way up.

I find BP in cream forms don't absorb moisturizer that well, so you might have incredibly dry skin since it's 10%. I strongly suggest you find a BP 2.5% gel, like Dan's.

I find BP in cream forms don't absorb moisturizer that well, so you might have incredibly dry skin since it's 10%. I strongly suggest you find a BP 2.5% gel, like Dan's.

Okey thanks. i appreciate this advice!

I went to the pharmacy today and got a water based non-comedogenic moisturiser by neutrogena. Hopefully thatll be ok.

I also got an oil free cleanser which ive forgotten the name of.

As for the PB itself, i got it by prescription, and I think the only stuff they have is cream. But i'll find out properly. Cos in new zealand the products available are more limited.

Thank you all verymuch!

Ive been randomly browsing the forums, and I keep reading all this stuff like: Dans regimen ruined my face, destroyed my face etc.... should i be worried?

Ive been randomly browsing the forums, and I keep reading all this stuff like: Dans regimen ruined my face, destroyed my face etc.... should i be worried?