Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've always vowed never to color my hair, but I saw this color at the store and I really want to try it.

For like, weeks I'd always pass it in the store and think about buying it then decide not to. I broke down yesterday and finally bought it (but kept the receipt in case I chicken out). Now I'm just glaring at it as it sits on my bathroom counter.

I haven't opened it yet, so I don't know if it'll work, but I was thinking I'd just dye a piece of my hair at the nape of my neck, under all the rest so I can see if I like it. My hair is super dark brown, so it shouldn't be very vivid, but it's all very intimidating lol. I'm really just freaked out that the color won't look good with my skin tone (neutral pale).

For those who have colored their hair, does this stuff dye your skin too? My hair's past my shoulders, so when it sits there in the shower, are my shoulders going to turn red? What should I remember while doing this that isn't in the instructions?

I'll take a pic of my hair when I get home lol. Otherwise there's the one in my profile, but it's tiny and my hair is pulled back. At least you can see my skin color.

*Flail!*

I haven't opened it yet, so I don't know if it'll work, but I was thinking I'd just dye a piece of my hair at the nape of my neck, under all the rest so I can see if I like it.

I've always vowed never to color my hair, but I saw this color at the store and I really want to try it.

For like, weeks I'd always pass it in the store and think about buying it then deciding not to. I broke down yesterday and finally bought is (but kept the receipt in case I chicken out). Now I'm just glaring at it as it sits on my bathroom counter.

I haven't opened it yet, so I don't know if it'll work, but I was thinking I'd just dye a piece of my hair at the nape of my neck, under all the rest so I can see if I like it. My hair is super dark brown, so if shouldn't be very vivid, but it's all very intimidating lol. I'm really just freaked out that the color won't look good with my skin tone (neutral pale).

For those who have colored their hair, does this stuff dye your skin too? My hair's past my shoulders, so when it sits there in the shower, are my shoulders going to turn red? What should I remember while doing this that isn't in the instructions?

I'll take a pic of my hair when I get home lol. Otherwise there's the one in my profile, but it's tiny and my hair is pulled back. At least you can see my skin color.

*Flail!*

Thanks for the information! I felt way more comfortable with the idea after reading them. So comfortable, in fact, that I decided to just go for it last night.

I did end up buying a second box because my hair is pretty thick, but I didn't use all of the first one. So I have an extra box just in case. I followed what you all recommended and everything went great!

But, good lord, my shower was scary as I was rinsing it out. It looked like I'd been stabbed or shot lol.

As I mentioned before, I do have a little left of the first bottle. How long does it last? Am I able to put it in a plastic bag and keep it in case I missed any spots? How long does it keep?

Still gonna take some more pics. The roots are a little bright, but I was told the color would even out after a few days.

As I mentioned before, I do have a little left of the first bottle. How long does it last? Am I able to put it in a plastic bag and keep it in case I missed any spots? How long does it keep?

Still gonna take some more pics. The roots are a little bright, but I was told the color would even out after a few days.

Okay! Here are my before and after pics.

Before!

This is an oooooolllllld photo, but it's the best one I have of my before hair.

After! (in the sun)

I was trying to keep my eyes open without them burning out of my skull, which made me just look like I was angry.

Also, my hair is all floofy because I didn't put any products in it to keep the frizz down like I usually do.

Kitty decided to say hi. :3

*Pets kitty's tummy*

After again! (indoors)

Kind of crappy, but meh.

So there you go. I'm putting faith in that it will even out lol. I know two tone is all the rage, but I don't want the top of my head to be one color and the bottom to be another.

Hehe thanks! My only issue is my hairline. I guess I got a little carried away with the conditioner, so the dye didn't get a small bit along there. It's not a big deal, but it's driving me crazy!

i like it! don't worry, the color will even out as you wash it. it's very shiny too!