Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How many people here are single and have NEVER been in a relationship?

I'm one and to be honest I feel like I'm the only 19 year old in the world how has never had a girlfriend. I can honestly say that I know of nobody who has had at least one relationship who is around my age.

It's depressing when I see couples together or when I have to hear people banging on about how good it is to have a girl. Fuck, I've only kissed one girl in my life, I'm miles behind everybody else!

It was awkward at college sometimes when boys would talk about sex and their ex's, I just had to sit there and listen.

I don't want to sound like a prick, but I do feel so unloved! Knowing that no-one other than your family has really liked you makes you feel so empty and lonely.

Anyone else in the same situation?

I'm not, but only you can change your situation bud, the only girls walking around looking for guys to bang them are prostitutes....

Put forth the effort and you can have a gf within a couple weeks.

and if you need a place to start your hunt, I've known lonely girls to hang out in the library, so pull up a chair and strike up a convo

i used to be in that situation, but I just stopped caring about it...I don't know how, but I just did. To be honest I did have a short thing that could be classed as a relationship...but it didn't last long and at the end caused more trouble than happiness.

I don't think I'm the type of person who fits in with relationships - I guess I've been on my own for so long, that's the only way I know how. But there are plenty who are this way, and there's nothing really wrong with that I don't think.

Well at least you had a kiss in your life. There have been only 2 girls in my life, and even then i've never even went on a date. One was too young, and was just a silly middle school crush, and the second was a girl who liked my but I disliked.

I've only been in one serious relationship, and 'involved' with a couple other guys. Frankly, I don't think the amount matters at all...it's not a race.

Don't think about it so much dude. Work on being comfortable with yourself and liking being you. Once you're happy with being who you are, beaming with confidence, the rest will fall in place. Work on yourself... spend some extra cash on a really good haircut, buy some expensive COLOGNE (I recommend something in the Polo Ralph Lauren line), get some sexy clothes that really compliment your features and then put yourself out in the world. Let your personality show. And if you like a girl, go get her.

Kenneth Cole Reaction is obviouslyyyyy the best cologne that will be made in our lifetime

Kenneth Cole Reaction is obviouslyyyyy the best cologne that will be made in our lifetime

No way! Chanel makes a really amazing cologne. I forget the name of it though. :think:

Don't think about it so much dude. Work on being comfortable with yourself and liking being you. Once you're happy with being who you are, beaming with confidence, the rest will fall in place. Work on yourself... spend some extra cash on a really good haircut, buy some expensive COLOGNE (I recommend something in the Polo Ralph Lauren line), get some sexy clothes that really compliment your features and then put yourself out in the world. Let your personality show. And if you like a girl, go get her.

That's the thing, I don't like myself. I don't like the way I look, I don't like myself as a person in general. How the fuck is anyone else ever going to like me?

Some days I wish I was never born to be honest. My life is shit.

That's the thing, I don't like myself. I don't like the way I look, I don't like myself as a person in general. How the fuck is anyone else ever going to like me?

You've just got to try to be more confident, and comfortable in yourself.

You don't need to get a haircut, or new clothes, or even expensive cologne to be noticed by someone, those are just smaller things a lot of people think fit into it, sure they can be nice, but they aren't needed. :D

You just have to be yourself, you'll have your bad days and your good, but there will be someone to look past and help out with those bad days if you let them, just try going out more, getting to know some new people. ;)

mike hang in there buddy! i was in your shoes when I was your age. I hadn't even kissed anyone. I'm not going to lie to you and say things are going to get better. I will tell you that you have to make an effort even if it's small just to get the gears moving. a lot easier said than done i know.

i feel for you mike.. but dont let the thought of not being in a relationship make you feel alone.. sometimes you can be in a relationship and still be alone... dont rush it friend.. it'll come... just wait..

What do you not like about yourself? What are your good qualities? And don't say you don't have any. Everyone has something good about them & something to offer other people.

Now focus on the displaying positives & downplaying your negatives. When people say "be yourself" that is what they really mean; to show the most charming, attractive side of yourself, not the insecure, depressed side.

I've never been in a relationship (just very casual dating) and I'm older than you. I feel down & depressed a lot because of it & I have similar thoughts as you've expressed, but I feel better when I don't focus on the negatives. It also comes through to other people when I am doing my best to be happier. Part of it is a mental state & the rest is opportunity. I realize now I've had opportunities but it was my attitude that held me back. Just keep trying. You will fail sometimes & experience rejection, but it must pay off at some point. In the meantime, at least you'll be experiencing life.

im sure there plenty of people in the world at the age of 19 who havent had relatonship yet.

Im 28 and still havent managed one yet.

If you keep putting yourslelf yourself in the siuations where there is possiblities, human social contact then something should eventually develop. you just need to keep giving yourself chances

100 1% chances is better than zero 1% chances

I disagree when people say it will happen when not trying or lookin, as if you want to make a friend and increae social network you dont sit isolated in house removed from human contact and then wonder why you still havent got any friends yet after 5yrs of that existence. you gotta make a concerted effort to change that life...same thing applies for when trying to make a relationship

Hey yeah, mike, I am an 18 year old who has only been in 1 relationship, and that gf told me she thought I looked good inspite of my skin.

Fact is I have had lots of girls willing to go out with me, but I self consciously declined. So maybe you just need to boost your self worth a bit. ;)

i know a girl who's never been in a relationship and i think that is frickin HOT. well, she's dignified too. i think she's too good for everyone and she doesn't know it...yummy...

bein single aint a bad thing bro. you see people holding hands and kissing. and that's cute. but you don't see the accompanied bullshit behind closed doors that they go through. more than half of those "close" couples have tried to kill eachother w/ their bear hands at least once.

let's see. u made it 19,20 years so far, rite? and you're still alive. in the end, you'll get yours. you already know patience. what's a year or two...

bug is always right...

I'm one and to be honest I feel like I'm the only 19 year old in the world how has never had a girlfriend. I can honestly say that I know of nobody who has had at least one relationship who is around my age.

Hey, dude, you're only nineteen. When you're a forty-year-old virgin, then worry. Otherwise, you have plenty of time to find just the right girl. Don't rush it.

How many people here are single and have NEVER been in a relationship?

It's depressing when I see couples together or when I have to hear people banging on about how good it is to have a girl. Fuck, I've only kissed one girl in my life, I'm miles behind everybody else!

It was awkward at college sometimes when boys would talk about sex and their ex's, I just had to sit there and listen.

I don't want to sound like a prick, but I do feel so unloved! Knowing that no-one other than your family has really liked you makes you feel so empty and lonely.

Anyone else in the same situation?

When I was your age I could totally relate to the awkward situations around friends who are leading 'normal' lives and the unloved stuff...and wondered what i was missing out on. BUt I'll tell you man because you aint never been in a relationship the truth is you dont know shit about them or girls. Sometimes girls will really fcuk you up and screw your brain, somtimes you'll want rid off them, sometimes they piss you off or sometimes you just want to move on, sometimes you might even love a girl but can't wait for a bit of peace and some time with the lads, but the reality is you'll just want laid and she might not always want to LOL..And once you've been with one girl for a bit you'll find that you actually want to spread the love LOL.. ..All in all your gonna be back on your own again at some point so you need to start enjoying yourself, being with friends, and the stuff you do on your own(whether its music, gaming, watching movies etc). Its shit feelin unloved but fcuk it havin been loved dosent actually change much IMO...(excpet get rid off that self-pity feeling off 'Oh man ive never been loved it makes me feel so sad') It certainly dosent get rid off your acne or change the way you look, so if your pissed with that its still gonna be the same if you have a bird anyway... Having a relationship dosent always make life better or easier ,sometimes harder, more complicated..you need to start caring about more then just yourself and acne, need to start revolving your life around another person, changing priorities (is she worth it?mmm). ...bla bla blah...Anwyay, looking at many of my friends who I was envious of when younger as they always had birds most of them are proper fckud now, theire ex's have turned into head cases, or they have children and are getting ripped off with child support, or a bored and stuck with a bird whos put on weight..and other stuff...thats reality man..life aint perfect in a relationship or not.

Shit man I aint good at writing this shit but hope you make some sense out of it?

Looking back on my life with acne and girl troubles..The one thing I would say to you is never lose friends or miss out on good friendships because of acne or girls. Get good mates, get drunk and fcuk the girls. HAHA

Exactly

So the relationship thing shouldn't be on your mind right now. You're not ready for a relationship. You have to work on yourself first and figure out what is making you unhappy about yourself. Put yourself in social situations and develop better social skills. Become more outgoing... it'll give you more confidence and make you feel better about yourself.

The thing is, I will never like the way I look. I think over time I will accept who I am and I may even start to like myself as a person. There is no chance that I will ever like the way I look though.

I don't have any good features, and I 100% mean that. I have awful skin, bad facial features and a bad looking body.

Thanks to everyone who has replied - nice to know that people really care! The people on here are really nice.

I feel you Mike! I'm not sure what it is about me but I am just never good with asking girls out. I am pretty confident in most cases, but when it comes to asking a girl to be in a relationship with me is when all things fall apart.

I feel lonely and unloved as well. I just simply don't know where to begin and how to change myself so that I can be more confident with girls of interest...

I feel you Mike! I'm not sure what it is about me but I am just never good with asking girls out. I am pretty confident in most cases, but when it comes to asking a girl to be in a relationship with me is when all things fall apart.

I feel lonely and unloved as well. I just simply don't know where to begin and how to change myself so that I can be more confident with girls of interest...

Hey man I know what you mean. When it comes to girls or social situations, my confidence and self esteem is zero. If I'm doing something like driving, I'm the most confident person in the world.