Find results in...
Jensbug

Born premature and skin issues

Acne and premmies  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Where you born premature?

• Yes
    • No

Both of my parents had/have kp and acne, and I know genetics play a BIG roll in this. I'm creating this simply 'cause I'm just curious about these issues and it's possible correlation to skin issues further on in life. I was born 6 weeks premature and was then Jaundice for 2 weeks after that (spent in an incubator). Not only do I suffer from severe acne and kp, but have a hard time healing ever since I was young.

Can't wait to hear what others think! Thanks! :)

No I was actually born two weeks later than they thought. Maybe thats why I have a learning disorder and am stubborn to this day :lol: They thought I was supposed to be born April 12, 1984 but I was born April 26, 1984

...stubborn to this day :lol: They thought I was supposed to be born April 12, 1984 but I was born April 26, 1984

Or it just could be you were born on the Aries Taurus cusp ;)

I'm ADD and dyslexic too! Fun stuff! Gota love spell check!

i was born in the middle of my 8th month of gestation :shifty:

i was born thru C-Section. no comment on this.

just that...how can you love meteor garden is beyond me...stuff will rot yo brain! lulz, jk!

i was born in the middle of my 8th month of gestation :shifty:

i was born thru C-Section. no comment on this.

just that...how can you love meteor garden is beyond me...stuff will rot yo brain! lulz, jk!

My mom also had a cesarean when she had me, her only child

Both of my parents had/have kp and acne, and I know genetics play a BIG roll in this. I'm creating this simply 'cause I'm just curious about these issues and it's possible correlation to skin issues further on in life. I was born 6 weeks premature and was then Jaundice for 2 weeks after that (spent in an incubator). Not only do I suffer from severe acne and kp, but have a hard time healing ever since I was young.

Can't wait to hear what others think! Thanks! :)

Its been a long time since I had developmental in undergrad, but if you wanted to, you could probably google 'stages of fetal development' and come up with some interesting information.

I did find out that the skin starts to become less wrinkly and changes from red to a pinkish color around the 33rd week, so if you were born around this time, perhaps there was an interruption in the smooth transition from wrinkly to 'baby soft'. Also, I don't know if you've ever seen a computer generated video of what happens to a little baby when it goes through the birth canal, but its a really tight fit, and if that's when your skin was developing, it could have adversely affected it.

http://www.pregnancy.org/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment3.php

http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-fetal-development-index

Those are a couple of sites I found that give cool images and minor descriptions for every week of pregnancy, but you could probably dig a little deeper and find exact info about skin development on a more scientific site.

Wow! I've really never thought about like that. I was just going on basic vital organ function. Thanks for the info!