Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nets23

Used Dans BP+Moisturizer for the first time, skin is red+burning

So I used dans bp+moisturizer for the first time and my skin is burning and red. Am I alergic to the bp and/or moisturizer or is this normal for everybody when they start? I used a little bp and then applied the moisturizer just like it said to do in the regimen.

Hard to say. You might have just used a little too much BP, but maybe you are allergic. How much BP did you use? How did your skin feel before you applied the moisturizer? How long did you wait between applying the BP and applying the moisturizer?

To be safe, I think the best thing to do would be to postpone the regimen for a little bit and do some allergy testing. Try rubbing a little blob of Dan's BP behind one ear and moisturizer behind the other, and reapply each a couple of times a day in those spots. If you're allergic to one of them, you will have some burning/crusting/itching/redness where you applied it behind your ear.

:wavey: The same thing happened to me. I am gonna stop using dans moisturizer. It makes my face bright red after I use it also. It must be the jojoba oil, as I also broke out in ten cystic pimples all lined up in a row under my chin (when I woke up in the morning after using Desert Essence one night) I dont thinkt he moisturizer breaks me out but it does make my face all red and irritated. I would say give Dans moisturizer a couple of weeks and if your face continues to burn, get a different moisturizer

Hard to say. You might have just used a little too much BP, but maybe you are allergic. How much BP did you use? How did your skin feel before you applied the moisturizer? How long did you wait between applying the BP and applying the moisturizer?

To be safe, I think the best thing to do would be to postpone the regimen for a little bit and do some allergy testing. Try rubbing a little blob of Dan's BP behind one ear and moisturizer behind the other, and reapply each a couple of times a day in those spots. If you're allergic to one of them, you will have some burning/crusting/itching/redness where you applied it behind your ear.

i don't think that a couple of weeks worth of use is necessary to figure out if dan's moisturizer is too irritating for you.

you should be able to determine this in a few days at most.

i don't think that a couple of weeks worth of use is necessary to figure out if dan's moisturizer is too irritating for you.

I know that...

This combination made my skin red and a little bit irritated for the first couple days. The redness and irritation lasted an hour at most. Now I've been using it for about 10 days and it doesn't bother my skin at all. I think your/our skin might just need time to adjust to the combination (or maybe it's just one of them). If it's unbearable, wash it off. Otherwise try to wait it out at least tonight and see what happens.

I washed it off and my skin was very red and VERY irritated except basically near my eyes where I didnt apply anything. I just applied the face mask I usually apply every night and in 20 minutes my skin was back to normal so I applied my old moisturizer after that and that was it. Today I'm gonna try very little bp and my old moisturizer and see if its the bp causing this irritation.

I think right now just use the Bp and a different moisturizer. If your skin is still irritated and red then u're probably allergic to Bp or maybe an ingredient in the BP. If your skin is fine then it's the moisturizer.

I know that...

Hi nets,

I think I had the same prob as you, this is my post from a few days ago, if you have the same problem then maybe it'll help:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Moisturiz...se-t167157.html

Personally, I cut back on the bp. In the morning I only put it on my active acne and at night I apply it everywhere and I also changed my moisturizer to Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream (not the lotion) at night, which I find to be really soothing. My skin has stopped flaking and burning since I switched.

Hope you figure it out!

I know that...

i was speaking to the original poster, not you.

I know that...

I know that...

omg whats your problem

I know that...

omg whats your problem

I know that...

omg whats your problem

i don't have a problem. what's your problem?

is your skin burning all over your face or only in certain areas...i learned recently people with sensitive skin like me ...may only be able to handle BP on their acne areas...

i had a problem with redness and irritation recently as well i thought it was a rash...but i think i may have been applying BP to areas on my face that did not have acne which was causing those areas to get irritated..mainly the outer sides of my face...

i noticed today the redness has calmed down there when i stopped putting BP and mosturizer there...

Hi nets,

I think I had the same prob as you, this is my post from a few days ago, if you have the same problem then maybe it'll help:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Moisturiz...se-t167157.html

Personally, I cut back on the bp. In the morning I only put it on my active acne and at night I apply it everywhere and I also changed my moisturizer to Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream (not the lotion) at night, which I find to be really soothing. My skin has stopped flaking and burning since I switched.

Hope you figure it out!