Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heygirl

chocalote and bad skin

well i never drink coffee or tea and have chocolate once a week or so and my skin still goes bad

Nothing to do with it. Caffeine speeds up metabolism of fats and is a stimulant so I don't think it would have any effect on the skin.

Sometimes dairy intolerance breaks people out so stay away from chocolate if this applies to you

Hope that helps

Ok maybe I spoke to soon.

Looked it up.

http://www.absoluteacneinfo.com/caffeine.html

Can I point out that this is a hypothesis and not fully taken as truth. "According to SOME Experts"

:)

I dunno about caffeine... I don't drink coffee. I did used to drink quite a lot of soda and coke but I quit that a couple weeks ago and feel good about that and I drink loads of water now.;Right around that time I started clearing up..I dunno whether giving up coke (lol. not cocaine) had anything to do with it though. Maybe at that point the accutane just started kicking in.

I do feel a difference when I eat chocolate. I have to definitely watch out with dairy (I only drink soy milk) and I feel like when i eat chocolate I get pimples. which sucks because I love love love chocolate and my sister works for the biggest chocolate manufacturer in the world and always brings home pounds of delicious (Belgian) chocolate! :redface:

i notice breakouts when ever i drink soda or have chocalote. thanks for your reply.

ps how long have you been on accutane?

Most people are talking about milk chocolate when they think chocolate.. so it will be full of sugar and dairy milk which can definitely aggravate acne. Not sure about chocolate per se though.