Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest AcneProne_1977

More Tips

Guest AcneProne_1977

Ok, so I've gathered all the info & tips from everyone and so far I have the following list I'm going to follow while on Accutane (starting September 5th):

Supplements:

• zinc (to help skin heal faster)
  • florasil (to help prevent hair loss and strengthen hair)
  • vitamin E (help keep skin healthy)
  • fish oil capsules (that also contain Omega 3, 6, 9) (to help with joint aches and dry skin patches)

External Remedies:

• Cetaphil cream (night moisturizer)
  • Aquaphor (lip moisturizer)

Any other tips or tricks would be GREATLY appreciated!!! TIA! :)

Guest AcneProne_1977
Sounds sexy. Vitamin C could be cool too as it is required in collagen production.

I just have to say that Cetaphil lotion did nothing for me. It just wasn't easing up the dryness. I still had peeling like skin and it still itched. So I tried a sample from my derm of CeraVe and it was GREAT!!! I now show very few signs of dryness and no itchies!

Hope this helps. KUP on how you are doing...

p.s. I love Cetaphil cleanser.

I just have to say that Cetaphil lotion did nothing for me. It just wasn't easing up the dryness. I still had peeling like skin and it still itched. So I tried a sample from my derm of CeraVe and it was GREAT!!! I now show very few signs of dryness and no itchies!

exactly, for some reason the soap works great while the lotion sucks. i'm in dire need of a new one.

Guest AcneProne_1977

Guest AcneProne_1977

exactly, for some reason the soap works great while the lotion sucks. i'm in dire need of a new one.

Ok, so I've gathered all the info & tips from everyone and so far I have the following list I'm going to follow while on Accutane (starting September 5th):

Supplements:

• fish oil capsules (that also contain Omega 3, 6, 9) (to help with joint aches and dry skin patches)
External Remedies:

Guest AcneProne_1977

Supplements:

External Remedies:

I'm not too sure about the zinc though. My derm told me not to take it when I asked her about it 2 months ago. She says it might interfere with the accutane. I suggest you talk to your derm about the supplements that you want to take. The only supplement I take is Vitamin C, other then that, nothing else.

I love fruit of the earth aloe vera gel, you might want to add it in as a moisturizer as well. Other then that, make sure you get mild products good luck!

I can't say enough about the CeraVe. It really seems to be working great. They sell it at Walgreens. Here is a link so you can check it out. GL

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...d1538406#review

Ugh, I can't use Cetaphil on my face. It's not soothing and just seems like gloop on my face. Body yes, but no thanks on my face. Kinerase lotion or cream is good or MD Forte Hydrating Face cream. All these have antioxidants in them and help reduce redness and inflammation. I heard Eucerin Redness Relief is a good option too.

Cheers.

Guest AcneProne_1977
Ugh, I can't use Cetaphil on my face. It's not soothing and just seems like gloop on my face. Body yes, but no thanks on my face. Kinerase lotion or cream is good or MD Forte Hydrating Face cream. All these have antioxidants in them and help reduce redness and inflammation. I heard Eucerin Redness Relief is a good option too.

Cheers.