Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaelynn

Herbal substitutes for Spiro...

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the holistic or hormonal treatment forums.. :think:

My question is, do you think one may have the same positive results with taking saw palmetto + chasteberry, both anti-androgens, as they would with taking Spironolactone? Has anyone tried both?

I ask because I know I really need spiro, and the results from my androgen level blood test, as expected, came back as being elevated.

I'm on beta-blockers (heart medication), which already help to lessen high blood pressure, though I don't have that problem, and I'm always dealing with the side effects from the beta blockers, such a dizzyness, etc, so I seem to be sensitive to medication's side effects. I'm also unsure for the moment if I can mix beta-blockers with diuretics (spiro). There is also the history of breast cancer in my family I've found out, so that's a worry with spiro also, from what I've read. sigh. So you can see why I'm looking into herbal substitutions. ^^

Any insight or opinions would be muchly appreciated. :) thanks~