Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest afhopie44

Vasoline or Zinc

Guest afhopie44

Has anyone used Vasoline on their face before? I had read in a magazine that celebrities use this because it has a moisturizing ingredient and it prevents breakouts. So I starting using it a few months ago and it worked miracles! My face was SO CLEAR!

Then I went to the dermatologist a month ago and told her I was using vasoline and she said not to use it because it makes you prone to more breakouts and clogs your pores. She told me to keep using the Tretinion (Generic Retin -A) then a couple days later my face started breaking out. I was still using the vasoline only. And now it seems the vasoline doesn't work any more. I'm really sad because it was making my face soo clear and I wasn't having ANY break outs!

But then I was thinking that I starting using the Vasoline while I was taking Zinc vitamins because I was going to be getting surgery and the dr recomended it. Well I stopped taking the Zinc tablets a few weeks before my skin started breaking out again.

Could it have beeen the zinc that was clearing up my face? Should I Start taking the zinc again? I'm really confused!!

I've only heard of using vasoline on your face for professional fighting to prevent cuts :D

Zinc never hurts, up to you, if you check the holisitc portion of the forum you'll find theres more than just zinc that can aid acne; but zinc does help in doses throughout the day.

Zinc never hurts, up to you, if you check the holisitc portion of the forum you'll find theres more than just zinc that can aid acne; but zinc does help in doses throughout the day.

I started using vaseline 3 days ago, because I have been reading all over the internet how good it is, and even Tyra Banks recommended it on her show. It pretty much just sits on top of your skin and locks the moisture in. It hasn't really noticably healed my acne but it hasnt caused me to have any new breakouts either. It did make my skin alot more toned and healthy looking. I just apply it at night and when I wake up in the morning my skin is "glowing". I have read alot about it and havent seen hardly anybody break out from using it.

Guest afhopie44

You have to be careful with Zinc though because it can be very toxic if you have too much in you at once.