Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i refused the one time i was offered accutane out of fear but also because my skin wasn't that bad at that point.

my skin has gotten worse, and ive got lots of red marks that are turning brown, light scarring. i also have acne on my back and chest.

now my reasons for not doing accutane is as follows:

1. i have very, VERY dry skin as is now, i couldn't imagine being even more dry than i am now.

2. i've suffered from depression problems from an early age.

3. my health insurance will run out shortly.

4. all the other health problems (aches, pains, hair loss) freak me out.

i dont know what to do. it isn't going away and i'm sick of being shy and hiding all the time. i have no confidence due to acne and i dont want to waste the rest of my 20s feeling like the elephant man.

Meh, I say you go for it. It worked on so many people, it's bound to work for you.

And since it's not an antibiotic, you can stop at any time, without additional side effects. So if you can't handle it, you just stop.

i refused the one time i was offered accutane out of fear but also because my skin wasn't that bad at that point.

my skin has gotten worse, and ive got lots of red marks that are turning brown, light scarring. i also have acne on my back and chest.

now my reasons for not doing accutane is as follows:

1. i have very, VERY dry skin as is now, i couldn't imagine being even more dry than i am now.

2. i've suffered from depression problems from an early age.

3. my health insurance will run out shortly.

4. all the other health problems (aches, pains, hair loss) freak me out.

i dont know what to do. it isn't going away and i'm sick of being shy and hiding all the time. i have no confidence due to acne and i dont want to waste the rest of my 20s feeling like the elephant man.

My advice is if your depression is moderate-severe I wouldnt recommend risking it. If your depression is mild, then I would recommend it.

I say ya do it up. Milk your insurance for all its worth for the time being. Be up front about your mental health questions and concerns, educate yourself on products to use, take fish oil (helps tremendously with depression/anxiety and skin related issues I swear by it), and then just go for it. It sucks being on it at least personally but it is so worth it.