Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When you talk to someone, do you look them in the eye? If i'm having a good day then I can manage it but when I am feeling groggy and self aware then my eyes dart around like i'm on drugs.

I also hate it when someone is talking to you, and they are right up in your face. (In my head I'm screaming at them to back off as they surely can see the state of my skin)

Am I being mard?

No, you are not mad.

On my bad days I don't look people in the eye. I figure if I don't look at them they won't look at me.

Truth is, they probably see the acne more because they can't focus on your eyes.

When people stand really close to me face to face I tell them they are in my personal space in a joking manner and they usually back off. Although I do have a personal space issue regardless of my acne, anyway.

lol i've always been uneasy with eye contact. Even with my face lots clearer I usually look down when I talk to somebody.

no your not being mard...lol

I used to be way more confident than I am now and I would always look people straight in the eye. It used to make me feel super proud to be me because I wasn't afraid to be bold like that. But nowadays, I've been not liking myself, so my eyes easily wander anywhere else but the other person's eyes. I'm going to try harder to keep good eye contact because I want to atleast look like i have a stronger character than what I feel.

Erm, I don't really like full-on eye contact and I've been that way ever since I can remember. It just feels a bit... awkward, for lack of a better word?

There's only really one person I feel comfortable making full eye contact with.

I have a very bad habit of intently focusing on someone's eyes to the exlusion of all else. A fellow nurse asked me if I realized I was doing it, she said it was intimidating.

I told her I didn't realize I was doing that, and I merely meant to be focusing on the speaker, and showing them that I was paying full attention to what they said. She said, "Oh my god, it is SO intimidating!!! STOP IT!" hehe oops.

So rest assured, there is such a thing as too much eye contact. ;)

I have the same problem with focusing on a person's eye when I feel my acne is bad. I tend to move around alot and pretend I am doing something, lol. But I found an easy way to help the situation. I stated wearing colored contact lens's. And ever since then everyone has been so amused by my bright blue eyes, they don't even look at my face, hahaha.

I cant look people in the face period. Whether its a good or bad day.

Haha im the same way I dont like it when people are all up in my face or just stare at me because I think they arent looking at me, they are looking at my skin

Gosh I got soooo lucky last week. My skin wasnt soo bad but I was hanging out with some guys and a few were allll up in my face and I didnt have a bad breakout yet. Woooo that was a nice

Yeah I feel the same way, whenever my random self consciousness kicks in I hardly ever speak to anyone directly at their face.

i only look them in the eye if they deserve my respect. my dad taught me to look your superiors (implying bosses, authoritative figures, and such...) in the eye/s. if it's some random person or my friends, i usually don't.

I used to have problems with eye contact, and to an extent I still do. But on a good day I have no problem looking someone in the eye as I converse with them.

On a bad day, like someone else said, I opt to look away in the hope they will too. Even though I realize that it allows them to analyze the vice for all its worth in a leisurely period of time.

I really oughta look people in the eyes more on my bad days. :(

i used to be real shy and got so awkward when someone was looking in my eyes when talking that they'd start to burn and water and i'd have to look away :lol: seriously embarrassing. fortunately i got over it and now its no biggie. thats one good thing about getting older is that you grow out of all that self conscious bullshit

hah, actually I always try to look people in the eyes, to force them to look into mine too - that way they're not free to look anywhere else.

I have a very bad habit of intently focusing on someone's eyes to the exlusion of all else. A fellow nurse asked me if I realized I was doing it, she said it was intimidating.

I told her I didn't realize I was doing that, and I merely meant to be focusing on the speaker, and showing them that I was paying full attention to what they said. She said, "Oh my god, it is SO intimidating!!! STOP IT!" hehe oops.

So rest assured, there is such a thing as too much eye contact. ;)

I often have a hard time looking people in the eyes when I am feeling particularly self conscious about my skin.

But what really bothers me is when I do look people in the eyes and theirs are focused on my face!

I find it very hard to maintain eye contact when i have a bad acne outbreak on my face.

When i have clear skin, i do look people in the eyes , as i think it confirms honestness in what your saying, politeness and friendliness.

But with an outbreak, i look at someones eyes and see their eyes flick towards my chin or my forehead - they prob dont even consciously do it - but it puts me off, and i look away ashamedly - at the floor or my PC or make an excuse and end the conversation.

Its horrid.

When you talk to someone, do you look them in the eye? If i'm having a good day then I can manage it but when I am feeling groggy and self aware then my eyes dart around like i'm on drugs.

I also hate it when someone is talking to you, and they are right up in your face. (In my head I'm screaming at them to back off as they surely can see the state of my skin)

Am I being mard?

i dont have any problems with eye contact but i dont stare massively into someones eyes when im talking to them as that can be intimidating, i usually look in there eyes for few secs then look away then look back in there eyes again etc.. just break the stare from time to time.

I've been making eye contact with people more than ever , I push my self to do it and everytime I talk to someone even cute guys at the mall (employees ) which is a bit hard for me since I get all shy lol but Iam doing it =)

Ever since acne I've had a problem with the eye contact, and if someone is too close I get really paranoid not because of my acne just because I've always had a problem with personal space.

: /

Ever since acne I've had a problem with the eye contact, and if someone is too close I get really paranoid not because of my acne just because I've always had a problem with personal space.

: /

A year ago, I didn't really look into someones eyes when conversing, only once or twice to show I was still with them.. I just pretended to be busy with my hands.. or too busy looking at the wall. Now.. I force myself to look into someone's eyes when conversing.. it's becoming a natural habit now instead of a force yourself thing. I do get annoyed though if they do focus their eyes on my red marks.

I’m cool with looking people in the eyes, but then I will have a random time every now and again where I start seeing it in an intense way and it freaks me out! Haha It happened to me today, I was talking to some dude and he was chatting back, and then all of a sudden I realised I was looking at him in the eye and he was looking at me in the eye as he was talking, and it felt very strange, cant describe it, just weird, like intense, then I started talking in reply to what he had just said and as soon as I spoke I forgot about it and carried on as usual. :think: