Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JayC

Safest way to remove redmarks while on Accutane?

Hi there,

Im currently on my 3rd month of accutane. My face has completly flatteneded, and i hardly get zits anymore. The previous cysts have left large redmarks on both my cheecks and i was wondering if anyone knew any safe ways to help make them fade faster while still being on accutane. If anyone knows please reply asap. Thank You.

i'm just completing accutane and have the same problem with red marks on my cheeks as well as much deeper scars on my forehead area in particualr so would be vey interested in knoing what cold be done abot these as even after completing accutane you cant have any harsh treatments done for 6months-1year

I would recommend not trying anything while ON accutane. Maybe a couple months after it you could try "the vinegar method" or mandelic acid. In the meantime WEAR SUNBLOCK. This could prevent thered marks sticking around for ages... mine have been around 1.5 years after accutane... they have faded quite a bit though, they were bright red originally, now they're brownish......

So there is no way for those redmarks to fade?! i bet there are certain kind of lasers that can erase them . So how do accutane takers treat scars? Anyone of you have tried needling , subcision or whatever treatments post accutane intake ?

Well im looking for something that would give me significant changes very quickly. I have been using aloe vera moituzier for about a month now, and i have found that has helped ALOT. I guess i will just keep using that.

I dont wanna put vinegar and shit on my face when im on accutane, and the taping method just seems wrong. I would feel like a total dweeb if i asked my derm if that was okay to do. I guess i just have to be more patient. Thanks for your help guys.

Guest Scorpioness

You may wish to ask your derm... or do some research online about Kinerase cream. It is totally soothing, non irritating, and wonderful at fading redmarks and pinkness. It is normally expensive, but you can find great deals on e-bay. It's a great, matte moisterizer in addition to having remarkable skin healing qualities.

You may wish to ask your derm... or do some research online about Kinerase cream. It is totally soothing, non irritating, and wonderful at fading redmarks and pinkness. It is normally expensive, but you can find great deals on e-bay. It's a great, matte moisterizer in addition to having remarkable skin healing qualities.
Guest Scorpioness

Hey Misty... :-)

I have never tried the lotion, because the cream supposedly was formulated for dryer skins, and my skin had been pretty dry for winter. However, I hear that the lotion works really well. Maybe next time I'll order the lotion instead of the cream to compare the two, now that my skin is more supple.

The aloe vera lotion im using is very good for dry skin. It covers all SEVEN symptoms of dry skin. Im not gonna try anything else because this stuff works wonders. Its made by St. Ives, check it out.

JayC,

Please wait AT LEAST 6 months to a year after taken Accutane before doing any scar treatments. Accutane can interfere with the way your body heals itself. Anything you do while on Accutane should be non-invasive and "natural". Also, you need to discuss it with your Dermatologist.

The Seven Symptoms of Dry Skin are:

Dry Skin

Tight Skin

Chapped Skin

Rough Skin

Flaky Skin

Itchy Skin

Red Skin

All St. Ives Lotions have this along with there special Vitamins or Plant materials depending on what version you buy.

Aloe vera has helped alot to decrease the redness of my overfall face in general. Prior to using it, my face looked very red. After about a week, all of that was gone. Also, my redmarks always used to look like they were on top of my skin, and now they are sinking beneath the skin to allow them to fade better and quicker. I believe this is where aloe vera plays its role.

Ours fan thanks for the heads up.

Thats what im planning on doing. Im just gonna stick to my bottle of aloe vera lotion. And that should do me good.