Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coola

Minor Flakiness Problem

Yes, it's me again. This time I need to ask about flaky skin.

I have afternoon showers (5 PM); it's a habitual thing and due to time restraints and such I can't have morning showers. I use my moisturiser (Dan's) in the morning and at night before I go to bed (Cetaphil - Lotion), but I don't use it after my shower.

Whilst in the shower I wash my face with Cetaphil Cleanser; from after my shower until I go to bed/apply more moisturiser, my skin gets very flaky. Is the Cetaphil causing this? (ie should I use Dan's cleanser in the shower, too?) Or should I just moisturise after my shower?

Thanks again!

It does sound like you need to moisturize after your shower. Try that first for a few days, if it doesn't help, also try Dan's Cleanser instead of the Cetaphil. I don't see the Cetaphil contributing to flakiness, but you never know.

Please also make sure you're not taking a hot shower; hot water can contribute to flakiness and just annoyed skin. Use lukewarm water or warm water. A final cold water rinse is sure to chase away inflammation and also help you feel invigorated. :)

Huh, interesting, I'll be sure to lower the temperature of my showers from now on! And I'll start to moisturise after I shower; I'll post soon to let people know how I went, in case there are indeed people in a similar predicament!

Thanks. ;)