Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fatzeets

EVERYONE READ THIS!!!!

ok heres the deal......im an acne sufferer and i hate it as much as the next guy or girl....my acne is mild-moderate but currently under control im on antibiotics(dox) and differin at night and so far so good....now i like learning about the skin and different ways to approach my acne i take many supplements such as zinc, vitamin A ,primrose oil,fish oil and i eat alot of fruits and vegetable for one reason only and that is to take in all the vitamins.... now the point of my article is to clear something up with everyone on this message board and anyone who reads this!!!!you people need to understand and accept one thing and that is that acne is NOT caused by wheat,grains,milk,soy,dirt,sweat,and mostly it is NOT caused by diet...the reason people think it does is because when you eat alot of fruits and vegetable you intake all the vitamins that are in those foods and thats it....vitamins are good for acne,you could eat 2 liters of milk a day and eat all the chocolate and ice cream and eat anything you want with the acception of iodine because i agree that iodine can aggravate acne but LISTEN T0 ME IT WILL HEP YOU TRUST ME ive researched this subject more that Albert Einstein spent on E=MC2.........eating fresh fruits and vegetables WILL HELP BECAUSE OF ONE THING AND THATS VITAMINS im so fucking sick of seing people post new things on this forum about (FOUND A CURE WITH DIET AND 3 DAYS CURE FOR ACNE) ITS ALL BULLSHIT AND IM ALSO SICK OF PEOPLE TRYING STUPID THINGS TO TREAT ACNE LIKE THE FOLLOWING...

• VINEGAR
  • TOOTHPASTE ON YOUR FACE
  • SOAKING YOUR HEAD IN YOUR SINK FOR 2 MINUTES
  • FASTING ON CUCUMBERS AND GIVING YOURSELF ENEMAS
  • AVOIDING ESSENTIAL FOODS SUCH AS MILK AND WHEAT
  • etc

UNDERSTAND THIS PEOPLE ACNE IS CAUSE BY ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY AND THAT IS Hormone changes

SO STOP WASTING YOUR FUCKING TIME AND GO TO A DERMATOLOGIST BECAUSE PRESCRIPTIONS AND GROWING OUT OF ACNE ARE THE ONLY THING THAT WILL WORK

AND THE PEOPLE WHO POST THAT THEY CURED THERE ACNE IN 3 DAYS BECAUSE OF DIET....ITS NOT CAUSE OF DIET IT IS BECAUSE THERE HORMONES HAVE LEVELED OUT AND THEY THINK ITS THE DIET PLEASE PEOPLE STOP WASTING YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON BOGUS "NATURAL ACNE CURES AND DIETS" STOP GIVING YOURSELF FALSE HOPE AND THE GUY "DAN" WHO MADE THIS SITE AND HIS SO CALLED REGIME IS JUST TELLING YOU ALL THE OBVIOUS THAT BENZOYL PEROXIDE HELPS ACNE......THATS OBVIOUS AND IT DOES WORK AND SO DO PRESCRIBES TOPICALS AND ANTI BIOTICE AND MOST OF ALL ACCUTANE SO STOP WASTING YOUR TIME AND GO TO THE GOD DAM DERMOTOLGIST CAUSE ALL YOU ARE DOING IS GIVING YOURSELF FALSE HOPE WITH ALL THE SO CALLED CURES!!!!

That is your opinion and of course you are entitled to it. I simply disagree. Hormones are not the only thing that causes acne.

That is your opinion and of course you are entitled to it. I simply disagree. Hormones are not the only thing that causes acne.

ok heres the deal......im an acne sufferer and i hate it as much as the next guy or girl....my acne is mild-moderate but currently under control im on antibiotics(dox) and differin at night

ok heres the deal......im an acne sufferer and i hate it as much as the next guy or girl....my acne is mild-moderate but currently under control im on antibiotics(dox) and differin at night

Anti-biotics? They'll do your body the world of good :rolleyes:

you people need to understand and accept one thing and that is that acne is NOT caused by wheat,grains,milk,soy,dirt,sweat,and mostly it is NOT caused by diet

Thanks for the info man but why so harsh? Everyones here to help each other and theres no scientific proof that anything will or will not work. If somethings work for people great if not oh well keep on trying. I dont have the benefit to see a dermatologist and i eat fruits and vegetables but i still have acne. Im not just gonna give up and let hormones win

I like this guy, mainly because I am about as frustrated as he is with all these regimens and diets on here that don't work. I have been putting off going to the derm mainly because it is a big hassle given my current situation, but I really need to get around to doing it because I know it is the only way to solve my skin problems.

Haha yea theres no need for insults, if you've come here to discuss your side of acne thats great, but if your going to put others down, first leave, second grow up.

Hormones are a cause of acne, but they are not the biggest cause. There are many other causes to. The actual biggest cause of acne is clogged pores. It doesnt matter how oily your skin is, how much chocolate you eat, how your hormones are, if your pores dont clog, you dont get acne.

Thats a simple fact, acne forms when a pore becomes clogged. After that sebum builds up, bacteria forms and so on. But if your pores wouldnt become clogged, bacteria wouldnt form, sebum wouldnt be trapped ans so forth.

Thats great that you have your take on this, but there has been numerous clinical and medical studies done on acne, and until you have a medical degree you cant really degrade what is known fact. Personally I cant understand why you recommend a dermatologist. A dermatologist knows the reasons for acne, what does cause it and what doesnt cause it. Mostly because of the studies that have been done. Ive been to a few myself, I very rarely got prescriptions. Normally I was given benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. And on that note, Ive been using SA for about a half a year now and my face is clear.

The whole fact is that no dermatologist would agree with you 100%. They would tell you exactly what I did, hormones play a part in acne, but that is not THE ONLY reason for acne.

Also, you saying that none of those foods cause acne is quite untrue. There are people called allergists who deal specifically with that, allergies. whether to foods or animals. They have proven that many people are allergic to certain foods and thats why they break out. Secondly, I just had this discussion with my derm a couple months ago, The american academy of dermatology is in the act of performing clinical studies right now to show that dairy IS a cause of acne. Especially milk, now regardless its still in its infant stages, they are bringing forward more evidence to prove it as a fact. Now from what i read, you are a big fan of dermatologists, in case you dont know, the AAD is the foundation, the church for dermatologists. What they know and what they are still learning comes from this academy, so explain to me how we are all wrong here, but yet dermatologists know and speak the same information we are?

ok heres the deal......im an acne sufferer and i hate it as much as the next guy or girl....my acne is mild-moderate but currently under control im on antibiotics(dox) and differin at night and so far so good....now i like learning about the skin and different ways to approach my acne i take many supplements such as zinc, vitamin A ,primrose oil,fish oil and i eat alot of fruits and vegetable for one reason only and that is to take in all the vitamins.... now the point of my article is to clear something up with everyone on this message board and anyone who reads this!!!!you people need to understand and accept one thing and that is that acne is NOT caused by wheat,grains,milk,soy,dirt,sweat,and mostly it is NOT caused by diet...the reason people think it does is because when you eat alot of fruits and vegetable you intake all the vitamins that are in those foods and thats it....vitamins are good for acne,you could eat 2 liters of milk a day and eat all the chocolate and ice cream and eat anything you want with the acception of iodine because i agree that iodine can aggravate acne but LISTEN T0 ME IT WILL HEP YOU TRUST ME ive researched this subject more that Albert Einstein spent on E=MC2.........eating fresh fruits and vegetables WILL HELP BECAUSE OF ONE THING AND THATS VITAMINS im so fucking sick of seing people post new things on this forum about (FOUND A CURE WITH DIET AND 3 DAYS CURE FOR ACNE) ITS ALL BULLSHIT AND IM ALSO SICK OF PEOPLE TRYING STUPID THINGS TO TREAT ACNE LIKE THE FOLLOWING...
  • VINEGAR
  • etc
UNDERSTAND THIS PEOPLE ACNE IS CAUSE BY ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY AND THAT IS Hormone changes

SO STOP WASTING YOUR FUCKING TIME AND GO TO A DERMATOLOGIST BECAUSE PRESCRIPTIONS AND GROWING OUT OF ACNE ARE THE ONLY THING THAT WILL WORK

AND THE PEOPLE WHO POST THAT THEY CURED THERE ACNE IN 3 DAYS BECAUSE OF DIET....ITS NOT CAUSE OF DIET IT IS BECAUSE THERE HORMONES HAVE LEVELED OUT AND THEY THINK ITS THE DIET PLEASE PEOPLE STOP WASTING YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON BOGUS "NATURAL ACNE CURES AND DIETS" STOP GIVING YOURSELF FALSE HOPE AND THE GUY "DAN" WHO MADE THIS SITE AND HIS SO CALLED REGIME IS JUST TELLING YOU ALL THE OBVIOUS THAT BENZOYL PEROXIDE HELPS ACNE......THATS OBVIOUS AND IT DOES WORK AND SO DO PRESCRIBES TOPICALS AND ANTI BIOTICE AND MOST OF ALL ACCUTANE SO STOP WASTING YOUR TIME AND GO TO THE GOD DAM DERMOTOLGIST CAUSE ALL YOU ARE DOING IS GIVING YOURSELF FALSE HOPE WITH ALL THE SO CALLED CURES!!!!

Anti-biotics? They'll do your body the world of good :rolleyes:

you people need to understand and accept one thing and that is that acne is NOT caused by wheat,grains,milk,soy,dirt,sweat,and mostly it is NOT caused by diet

• VINEGAR
  • etc

Thanks for the info man but why so harsh? Everyones here to help each other and theres no scientific proof that anything will or will not work. If somethings work for people great if not oh well keep on trying. I dont have the benefit to see a dermatologist and i eat fruits and vegetables but i still have acne. Im not just gonna give up and let hormones win

im working on adding more fruit in.. and eating whole wheat instead of white bread. like my frined once told me "you are what you eat"... u eat crap. ur health (of everything.. including skin) becomes crap.

I'm equally sick of people stating diet does not affect acne tbh.

From my experience, it affects it hugely. Especially dairy products.. they're not essential at all.. why would we have been put on the planet to be dependent on cows milk? You can get all the stuff in milk needed for growing etc, from other sources.

A very good book I own and have read taught me a lot and it's called Clear Skin by Karen Jesset. Can buy it from her website here:

http://www.acne-advice.com/products/books/...kin/index.shtml

It has lots of info on diet, foods to avoid, foods to eat.. exercise, sleep etc etc. Follow the advice in that book and it will help your skin a lot.

He's partly right and wrong. Yes hormones play a big part in acne but so do diet. What I think is that acne differs in people as well. Most of the time, acne is actually caused by some diet problems or lack of cleanliness. My brother's friend used to eat all kinds of junk and he has acne but once he stopped, his acne disappeared. My derm also says that diet do play a role in acne so that discourses on what he wrote. Whatever you eat actually affects your entire body system, not just your skin so having a good diet is a right way to start instead of chomping on chips and sipping soda

For others, changing diet and doing other things won't help because its pure hormonal just like me. No matter how much change I did to my diet, it didn't help at all! We are the more bad lucked ones that really need presciptions.

1. Some people are adversely affected by milk, and get acne because of dairy.

2. If you read the basic causes of acne, you will know there are two solutions - kill the bacteria that causes inflammatory acne and unclog your pores. Both of these solutions are only effective if you penetrate beneath the top layer of skin, as that is where the problem is forming. For people with more severe acne, of course it is recommended you go see a dermatologist.

3. I agree vinegar is a bit harsh to your skin; I'd choose something less acidic. While keeping the outer layer of skin acidic to prevent bacteria from growing rapidly, it will probably damage your skin. Toothpaste is also damaging to your skin and only dries out the top layer of skin.

4. Acne is not just hormones, it can be improved by learning about the causes and really researching this subject. I believe I've spent a lot of time researching and thinking whether or not something will help.

5. It may not affect you, but diet affects many people's acne.

I've tried a lot of different things, and had (still some) much anguish over acne. Antibiotics didn't work for me (made my skin dry). I have mild acne, meaning whiteheads, blackheads, and tiny flesh-colored bumps. Here is what I have found has worked very well:

1. Paula's Choice 2% BHA Lotion - I have dry skin so the lotion is best for me. It is non-irritating, and really helps with blackheads and everything overall. I use it once a day at night because twice a day makes my skin a little red. This was recommended by LionQueen. It is inexpensive, non-irritating, and helps with bringing gunk to your skin's surface. PC 2% BHA Lotion was one of the most effective things in helping with my acne. Her thread is pinned in this forum.

2. Benzoyl Peroxide may fix the inflammatory acne, but it really has a negative effect (at least for me) in the long run. If I don't use benzoyl peroxide, my skin feels less dry and irritated.

3. Borage, Primrose, Flax Oil - I take these (1 capsule, 1 capsule, 9 capsule respectively) to combat inflammatory acne. If I do this consistently at night before I sleep, I don't wake up with inflammatory acne.

4. Baby brush - used lightly, this helps manual exfoliation.

My next step to combat the tiny flesh colored bumps is to get the Green Cream Level 3 and work my way up to 6, and then 9. Then once the bumps are gone, the inflammatory acne is taken care of, and everything will be golden!

It is true that some supposed cures don't work, but there are solutions to fixing this affliction. I hope you find yours soon.