• Sedu
    • Chi [original]
    • Chi Turbo
    • T3
    • Hot Tools
    • GHD
    • Corioliss
    • Other...[explain please]

Come one people! I know that you are all addicted to those flat irons! I havent seen a poll about this on the site yet..so here we go! If I am mistaken about there not being a poll on the site then you can all yell at me n tell me to search for it :lol: kidding! Well..unless you want to. I am in a pickle trying to figure out what to do about my flat iron! Long story short...I got the Solia..but am debating on if I should return it or not [folica 30 day money back] b/c I am not totally lovin it. I watched a video on youtube.... http://youtube.com/watch?v=p8nP42KdRA0 and I kinda went "aaww...nice..." haha.

Oh yeah-if you want you can explain other irons you have tried and why you did/didnt like it. And tell us what model.....just write anything you like about it!

I heard on a site that Folica.com gave people a $5 credit thing to write a good review about the Sedu on their site.

Ooooooooooooooooooooo-I can't wait to see the answers. My stylist uses a Suntachi on my hair and I really want one except they're $220 CAD. I have a Conair drugstore one for now.

Anyone use a suntachi? They're incredible.

Ive never heard of a Suntachi. Crazy name! haha.

This is the site that I heard all the rumors about the Sedu and Folica http://www.makeupalley.com/user/notepad/mashimaru.

I really like the video of the T3..but you know how those infomercials [or whatever] are like on TV...and its a lot of money.

Also-I put the wrong video up... this is the one I meant to put: http://youtube.com/watch?v=imSRRKIjDv4

I have a hot tools iron that I HATE! The metal is showing on the plate now! It just sucks. I also have a 2" Jillebre one...its..okay. I got it from Sallys for $70. I just bought the Solia..and I am debating on if I should keep it.

Remington wet 2 straight. Although it kinda fried my hair it still works all right :)

Edit: Oh yeah, be careful ordering from Folica! My mom ordered a $130 sedu hair dryer there and we had to return it 4 times because they all didn't work, we finally sent it back for a refund, after 4 months of returning!!

Thanks for the warning! I was thinking about just getting my money back instead of buying a diff flat iron from there. Just because I am not for sure what I wanna get yet. I dont want to spend a load of money on something and then be like eeh I dont really like this anymore. Im a poor college student and I cant just throw money around like that!! :lol:

Flat irons is that what you call them in America? lol

If those more expensive straighteners are worth it.. I think i'll ask for one as a Christmas present :D My hair is so fried right now every time I straighten it with my Remington wet 2 straight.... hopefully a more expensive one would make a difference.

Mandy.. I do think they make a difference! Back in the day I used to have a Conair one and it always tugged my hair and fried my hair. These more expensive ones feel sooo nice goin through my hair. And it leave it lookin nice..not all fried. They arent as expensive as they used to be..like the CHIs arent as bad as they were. You can go to Sallys and get em a lil cheaper than the ones I put in the poll but if your gona spend $80 on an iron you might as well go for the better $120! :lol: thats how i see it anyway!

I use this old Conaire one, it's not the best but it works on my impossible curly bangs.

i don't really get how this is all that important though

What the hell...arent these the same irons?

http://www.t3hair.com/83430se.html

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...ldPaginate=true

Thats the iron that was in the video I put on this thread. Wow...thats a way diff price! I would get that! It has a 2 year warranty as well. I had to pay extra for my 2 yr warranty on the one I got at Sallys. I used it today and my hair got caught in it. It hurt! :lol:

EDIT: ummm it says a buncha stuff bout the UK..so I dont know if it works in the U.S...? [the 1st link with the less expensive one]

Lala,

The first one is actually much *more* expensive! £114.95 is about 226 U.S. dollars. Also, the plug probably won't fit into U.S. outlets.

Also, Mandy-Ann, how is the wet-to-straight one? I hate having to dry my hair first. Too much time and effort...not to mention that I don't have a blow dryer at school.

aaah yes. i just noticed that :lol: silly me. i got 2 excited. i really want a T3..but to expensive. I am thinking about the CHI Turbo. Hmmmm. Not sure. I dont really want a sedu anymore..haha. what to do what to do...

I've never been to a Sally's before, but there is one down a couple hours away where my mom lives and she said she'd for sure take me there when I visit her. I might buy myself a flat iron.... what kinds of flat iron's are at Sally's that does a great job without making my hair look fried?

lol, I don't use straighteners - my hair is way too straight already.

And it's silky, so straightening it just makes it flat.

What I really want are curlers! :D

Im told to be wary of wet-to-straight straighteners, apparently theyre more damaging than normal straighteners (something about exploding hair shafts???) cant quite remember, but theyre not good for your hair...then again when is any heated product good for your hair lol ;)

Mandy-check out this link to sallys. I have this one. I have it as a 2" b/c they didnt have the 1 1/2" like I wanted. I should of gotten the 1" but anyway...I have had it for a year..it still heats up n works. It does tug on my hair though. I used Solia yesterday and then the Jilbere one this morning and I waslike omg the Solia feels soooo much better! I asked the lady which one was best and she said some titanium one..but I wanted the tourmaline series kind so I got that instead. Idk about any of the other ones. Good luck! = ]

EDIT: oh yea-I did get the extra 1 year warranty on the iron..so now I have a 2 year warranty. it cost like...$8 so I figured why not. Would I do it again? No. If it was for like.. a CHI or something I would though. And I think Sallys has a..90 day thing as well. Not sure. I would have to go and check my lil sheet.

I've never been to a Sally's before, but there is one down a couple hours away where my mom lives and she said she'd for sure take me there when I visit her. I might buy myself a flat iron.... what kinds of flat iron's are at Sally's that does a great job without making my hair look fried?

lol, I don't use straighteners - my hair is way too straight already.

And it's silky, so straightening it just makes it flat.

What I really want are curlers! :D

*ENVIES YOU!!!!!!!!* :evil:

I hate my hair... well, i'm more pissed off that I was born in 1989 when clearly, by the looks of my natural hair, I should have been a teenager in the early 80s where my hair would actually be concidered "hot". O_O I actually woke up with a semi afro today.

:lol: Ah, but my hair has it's downsides too. It gets oily REALLY, REALLY fast. And when I was younger, (even now :P) when I used to wear those cute little clips, they'd slip right out of my hair because it was so silky. Grr! I remember envying the little girls with pretty clips in their hair, :lol:!

This kind of hair is common in my ethnicity, lol. We don't usually have curly or coarse hair, though sometimes I wish I had curls! :D

Also, in middle school nobody thought my hair was naturally straight, they all thought I was a hair obsessed "girly-girl" who fussed over her hair and straightened it everyday. :|

I used to have that remington wet 2 straight, but I gave it to my sister in laws overseas because their not big on them like we are over here. Then I bought a helen of troy one that I love even better. Its way smoother because it has floating plates and it can get up to 450 degrees which I think is what matters but not really sure because I dont use it that hot. I have straight hair already but it dries kinda frizzy...and not curly frizzy either, just frizzy. (grrr) Oh and the helen of troy one was on sale for $30.

I did a fast search on it and got this review. It looks like a sweet flat iron! You could always try it and return it if you dont like it. Thats what I would do.

Thanks!! I think im going to buy it! :D