Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miss K

i wasn't even shopping for acne products

I went to a Clinique counter over the weekend to buy the same foundation and powder I always use. After the saleslady got me what I asked for she said "do you need anything else?" I said "nope that's it" and proceeded over to the register.

I could practically FEEL her scrutinizing my skin and she had the NERVE to say "you know, we have this great new moisturizing acne gel. it helps to clear up all your red spots but doesn't dry you out. In fact, our entire acne line is fantastic and could really help you."

Okay, so I know it's her job to try and sell the products, but of course she preys on my worst insecurity and I felt like if I wanted her help to clear up my skin, I would have asked for it. PLUS, I have been working so hard on DKR, and I felt like my skin was in great shape...I have 3 small red pimples in a group on the side of my face, and some red scarring, but that's IT. In fact, I felt so great about my skin that day that my hair was pulled back and I was wearing a little face powder....and this saleslady totally zapped my confidence.

Maybe it was a little over the top, but I went to the manager and told him (in a nice way) exactly what I thought of her sales tactics. Maybe now she'll think twice before she ruins someone else's day.

that clinique lady is a "witch" (with a b.. if u get the hint)...i get how u feel. two days ago i broke out horribly after using "neutrogena oil free lotion"... it was so humiliating going to the check out line at target with a tube of 2.5% BP in my hand... i wonder what that casher thought...what did the manager say after you told him about her sales tactics?

...I went to the manager and told him (in a nice way) exactly what I thought of her sales tactics. Maybe now she'll think twice before she ruins someone else's day.

:lol: She gonna get yelled at. Good!

i wonder what that casher thought...what did the manager say after you told him about her sales tactics?

he was great about it! he apologized, said he understood how insulting it must have been, and that he certainly didn't want his salespeople to be selling things that way. he even went on to say that he was in GNC the other day, and the guy working there was trying to sell him weight loss pills (and this manager was a tiny little guy!!) He said that sometimes people get very presumptuous when they work on commission, and he would speak to her about it. even if he didn't talk to her, i was glad i took the extra step to say something!!

This is the reason I don't go to cosmetics counters in department stores.

I feel really self conscious just walking through them all to get out of the store (these counters are at the exit in my local store).

Good on you for putting in a complaint and good on the manager for restoring your confidence (I hope) by telling you a similar story which happened to him.

Kinda restores your faith in humankind, huh?

omg i am so sorry =(

screw her!

i NEVER go anywhere near the skin/makeup department because if I do I know one of those ladies will do the same thing to me. and no lie, if someone said that to me i would blush INSANELY and then burst into tears. no really.