Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lolabelle

Any of you used Differin gel?

I have been using it now for less than a month now, and it has only slightly improved my skin. I am just worried about scarring, I don't want scarring and want to keep it at a minimal. I have fair/sensitive skin so really worried about scarring lol.

Anyways, for those who have used Differen, how long did it take you to see a difference? and did it help a lot?

Hey, yeah iv been using differin since january and i have to say, i love teh stuff :)

a mild topical retinoid which clears acne, and helps with redmarks (retinoinds repair the skin rather than attack it), but your going to get red marks no matter what since you get acne, and acne leaves scarring :S

you can help prevent this by taking vitamin e capsules :)

stick with diffeirn, its effectiveness shows over around 6weeks :)

It did wonders when I used it the first time. It really helps, just need a lot of time and patience. However I couldn't handle the initial breakout when I used it the second time and went on accutane.

I used Differin 0.1 gel for a year with dramatic improvement. I also have fair/sensative skin. I ended up running out of my prescription and didn't get back into see the derm until a good 5 months later - big mistake. My acne returned and upon use of the differen again, it took another 5 months to clear up..though it seemed that the 0.1 wasn't working as well as it had the first time. I'm actually using Differin .3 now and love it. I did get initial break out again but I'm clearing...even my scarring is fading.

thanks for your answer, differin has very much improved my acne. I hope my slight scarring will fade as well.

I used Differin 0.1 gel for a year with dramatic improvement. I also have fair/sensative skin. I ended up running out of my prescription and didn't get back into see the derm until a good 5 months later - big mistake. My acne returned and upon use of the differen again, it took another 5 months to clear up..though it seemed that the 0.1 wasn't working as well as it had the first time. I'm actually using Differin .3 now and love it. I did get initial break out again but I'm clearing...even my scarring is fading.