Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
droplette

do you love being awake at night?

I had a conversation a while ago with a member from this board and we were both saying how we love to be awake at night when everyone else is asleep and you can just mill about the house and watch tv and eat and no one even knows youre doing it.

Reading that thread on "are you a loner" has just made me think about it again. I have no idea why i do it or why i like it. Any psychologists out there have any ideas?

Does anyone else do this?

Yes! lol I love being up at night, but I pretty much can't because it completely screws up my schedule. But when I was being a loner this summer, I'd be up till like 3/4 and just sleep in really late. :D I don't know why, it's just something about being up when no one else is....

before my children i did too. now i try to sleep when i can LOL but i do miss the non chalaunt nights i used to have. it's kinda freeing

I love being awake at night, I'm usually up till around four in the morning each night and wake up about ten or eleven. :D

yeah i do the same i just like to just do nothing really, watch tv, go on the pc, read, listen to music whatever, its strange kinda feels like everything has stopped and you can do whatever you like. being on accutane makes this worse because i stay up riduclously late because i cant sleep then i sleep all day

Im up all night as well. I stay up anywhere between 3-5 but most of that time im out with friends just sitting around talking. But when im home I watch TV, read, talk to myself, or use the computer. My dad hates that im awake so late but its summer might as well :dance:

I love the night. First, because the temperature is cooler—I come from a tropical country. It is dark, and everyone else is sleeping. A perfect time for someone who prefers solitude. Unless, of course, you're in a night club. And my body clock's ruined. All my classes start in the afternoon. So there.

It feels like the whole worlds asleep.....if you haven't seen the machinist with Christan Bale then do so

I love being awake while others sleep. Not to mention, I've suffered from a Circadian rhythm disorder for years. I try to make the best of it though.

On a typicial night.. I throw on my black cat suit..walk the neighborhood and peek in my unsupecting neighbors windows. Man, I need to move... those folks are weird.

^ :lol:

I'm a night owl, too. I work the evening shift (3pm until 11pm or whenever I'm done) so it suits my sleep/wake cycle just fine. I stay awake several hours more after I get home and then sleep late late in the day.

I work from home so do most of my work at night unless I need to have a conference call with somene during the day. I go to bed around 5am and get up at 3pm usually. Being on Accutane makes me sleep longer. I got into this pattern when I started Accutane and have been like this for almost 3 months now.

Here is a funny fact, John Travolta and his wife both live "backwards" and also stay up all night and sleep from 7am to 4pm everyday. He said he has always lived this way as best as he could when not working on movies. Heard that the other week...

Heh, that's sweet for Travolta and his family. Maybe they were bitten by vampires? If so, I must I'm envious. I'm a huge night lover and feel significantly better and more energetic when the sun goes down. Alas, I usually have to wake up early for work so I don't stay up extremely late on weekdays.

A couple years I used to stay up till 5:00 am on a regular basis talking on MSN, reading or playing video games. 'Twas awesome

of course i love the night

1. People cant see my acne or redness or dryness when outside in the dark, allowing for easier conversation and more comfort

2. I work the night shift!!!

3. I basically walk my dog around my block while smoking a blunt about 2 times a week...because its dark im not worried about people seeing my acne, and the weather is cool, and i also dont have to wrry about people catching me smoking weed, cause theyre all asleep

as you can see its 5 am right now, and im wide awake....well i geuss thats just summer for ya!!

i love staying up really really really late...but only because it's been forced on me.

i just don't sleep well, lol! :snooty:

only problem, my parents expect me to flip a switch in my head and fall asleep. hm...maybe they could direct me to this so called...switch?

I try to be in bed by 11:00 on school days and no later then 3:00 AM on weekends. I just feel to fatigued if I don't get at least 5 hours sleep.

But yes, I love making a nice place of snacks (fruit, jatz with little slices of cheese, olives, biscuits, chips with salsa) then getting a doona and watching a long and fire work full movie like Bad Boys 2. Uhhh on my dads 32inch LCD, pure bliss!

i know right.. the thing about the switch someone said on here is true. sometimes im tired yes but eve then i stay up. Interestingly enough tho.. accutane has helped me to get to sleep. cuz it makes me more drowsy.. now i sleep like a baby

I LOVE BEING UP ALL NIGHT! Its soo fun and cool! Just to hang out all lone when nobody is awake but you!

I love the feeling of being up all night! Sadly when school starts I won't be doing much of it! :(

Same reason/things you guys do staying up.. is the same for me!

LOVE IT!

I used to love the night to just contemplate things, but nowadays I have way too many negative thoughts. I don't usually get a good night's sleep anyways, but when I wake up in the middle of the night I have the most awful, disturbing thoughts - it scares me. (Not like murdering people or anything, just things like loved ones dying and everyone hating me...). I usually have to put the radio or light on to help interfere with my thoughts, or else I start to feel panicky.

The lastest I ever stay up is 2am and thats only if Im not working the next day. Otherwise, I go to bed at 10:30 to 11:00 usually (unless I feel sick its earlier than that). If I have stuff on my mind and I am not able to sleep. I will wake up at ungodly hours and post on the org, like I did at 5 this morning ;)