Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As much as I looooove Dan and his products, I can't say i'm entirely satisfied with the moisturizer. I got it about two weeks ago and ever since then i've been breaking out all over my face with tiny pimples (thanks to the regimen, i was 100% clear) Nothing else in my skin care routine has changed, no new makeup or cleansers... what's up with that?

Anyone else find that Dan's moisturizer is making them breakout?

It also smells like cinnamon. Weird.

As much as I looooove Dan and his products, I can't say i'm entirely satisfied with the moisturizer. I got it about two weeks ago and ever since then i've been breaking out all over my face with tiny pimples (thanks to the regimen, i was 100% clear) Nothing else in my skin care routine has changed, no new makeup or cleansers... what's up with that?

i don't use dan's products or his regime i have my own...but the moisturizer i use is "loreal man expert 24hr hydrating balm" i never change my moisturizer and i think it is ok for me :)...

maybe change ur moisturizer for a while and see if your skin improves then u will know :) try the one i use maybe it will be better for u also :) good luck

Go back to what you were using before, and see if your breakouts diminish in the weeks after that.

I broke out from Dan's moisturizer too! I broke out on my nose which has never happened before and I didn't change anything about my regimen. I immediately stopped using it and it's gotten better. I probably have to wait another 2 weeks for my skin to get normal again I think. I used the moisturizer for 2 weeks too and started to break out.

I broke out from Dan's moisturizer too! I broke out on my nose which has never happened before and I didn't change anything about my regimen. I immediately stopped using it and it has gotten better. I probably have to wait another 2 weeks for my skin to get normal again I think. I used the moisturizer for 2 weeks too and started to break out. Shame though 'cause I liked it, but I thought it smelled bad. Just because it worked for some people doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

I broke out from Dan's moisturizer too! I broke out on my nose which has never happened before and I didn't change anything about my regimen. I immediately stopped using it and it has gotten better. I probably have to wait another 2 weeks for my skin to get normal again I think. I used the moisturizer for 2 weeks too and started to break out. Shame though 'cause I liked it, but I thought it smelled bad. Just because it worked for some people doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

Youre actually the first person Ive heard say it makes them break out. Maybe you could make a poll and find out if it makes other people break out. Then I will believe that that is what is causing your breakout

Youre actually the first person Ive heard say it makes them break out. Maybe you could make a poll and find out if it makes other people break out. Then I will believe that that is what is causing your breakout

I've been using the same products on my face for 6 months with results, then without changing anything, my nose area broke out too. I doubt it's the moisturizer

many people are allergic to jojoba oil -- that's one of the pitfalls of dan's moisturizer.

i highly recommend complex 15 lotion.

I haven't broken out from his moisturizer nor have I broken out from using straight Jojoba.

However, like others, my face burned like crazy the first time I applied the moisturizer over the BP. [email protected] cinnamon smell cause that's exactly what it smells like to me...me no like. :(

I was talking with my bf just now, he uses the moisturizer as well, and I was mentioning how I really don't like the consistancy of it either and he agreed. I recently started using this Shiseido Extra smooth sunscreen cream and even though it's a cream, it applies so amazing and it's matte, unlike the lotion version, which is really runny. The texture/consistany is sort of like the Cetaphil cream, in the sense that even though it's a cream, it dries really matte. (But cetaphil sucks.)

I wish his moisturizer had that consistancy. *sniffs*

Update - i totally stopped using Dans Moisturizer and my face went back to normal. I doubt it was a coincidence, I just don't think my skin responded well to that product. I also thought it was strange how a "fragrance free" lotion would smell SO strongly of cinnamon - it was overwhelming! I went back to using Neutrogena Sensitive Skin lotion and I don't think i'll ever switch again!

I love your regimen, Dan, but I DO NOT love that lotion! (I'm still faithful to that awesome BP gel, though) ;)