Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Downunder

Differin and red scars

I have two red scars (neither raised nor depressed) which have existed for 2 months. I have been using differin on them for the past week. Just wondering who has used differin in successfully reducing the appearance of red scars and how long did this take? Many thanks, I really hope I get some positive replies!

It has helped mine a lot. I've seen dramatic improvement since I started using Differin. I've used it since July 4. The first two weeks, I didn't use it every night. But after that I did. However do keep in mind that the red marks had already been there for 2+ months before the Differin, with little to no improvement. I noticed them improving some within 2-3 weeks of starting Differin.

Thanks heaps for replying, at least I have one positive response! I have been using it every night for about 10 days (just on the scars themselves) and the skin around them is getting really irritated so I might give it a rest tonight. I want these banished from my face!!!!

Sure. Hope it works for you! Just try to be patient. I have some red marks that are still fairly dark even after 3-4 months. And since they are also where the scars are, it makes my skin look pretty bad. All we can do is wait for our bodies to heal.

It has helped mine a lot. I've seen dramatic improvement since I started using Differin. I've used it since July 4. The first two weeks, I didn't use it every night. But after that I did. However do keep in mind that the red marks had already been there for 2+ months before the Differin, with little to no improvement. I noticed them improving some within 2-3 weeks of starting Differin.

You have noticed them improving...but they are still there?

Advise to anyone starting out on it (even if you have used a retenoid before)...go easy on it! I used it every night for about a week, and now the skin around the scar is peeling and red. Yesterday it was so sore, however I have put some sigmacort ointment on it and it seems to be doing ok. I think I'm too impatient for the differin to work! :mad: