Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cubsin2100

How the heck should I keep my tane cool?!?!

So anyways... I'm going on a road trip of sorts, I'm driving down south back to school, which starts next monday. But along the way, my dad brother and I are gonna do some stuff, maybe see some baseball games, some tourist traps, ect.

Here is my problem, Im gonna be bring about a whole months worth of accutane with me to school. I learned the hard way last summer that if you don't keep it room temp, it gets mushy, which cannot be good for the medicine. Ill be able to have the AC on while we are driving, but the big problem is when we go see a baseball game, or leave the car for a while during the game, my medicine is going to be sitting in a hot hot car. Its going to 100 degrees where we are heading... so I have no idea how to keep my tane cool.

I've already experimented with a cooler and ice, I used a thermometer for the fridge... but the problem is, even if I leave the cooler open with the tane sitting on to, it still gets too cold, around 40 degrees farenheit.

Anyone have any suggestions?

got a suggestion. Maybe get one of those lunch purse like thingys were it's insulated i don't think they shoud cost much and buy some of those ice packs or the ones that look like little jugs but don't freeze em just chill em till there icy-water maybe?

Thanks guys, I think I may try something like that. Maybe Ill combo it, use a lunch box thingy (which I haven't had since like 3rd grade!), with a soda can.

Im just really nervous about keeping the accutane in whatever state it has to be in...

the best thing I could think of would be to either:

A) Call your pharmacist, I bet they would have some advise.

B) Could you just take what you'd need for the trip and mail the rest down?

Hope you figure it out and let us know what you end up doing and how it works...

the best thing I could think of would be to either:

A) Call your pharmacist, I bet they would have some advise.

B) Could you just take what you'd need for the trip and mail the rest down?

Hope you figure it out and let us know what you end up doing and how it works...

Update: As if you were all sitting on the edge of your seats wondering just what I would do...

I ended up being able to keep it in the hotel for one of the days, we got to check in a bit early, so it didnt have to sit in the car.

The other day I took a combo of all of your suggestions, put it in a cooler inside a cooler, would sometimes throw a chilled soda in there, a few pieces of ice and what not, and kept a thermometer in there to make sure it wasn't too cool. Thanks guys.

Update: As if you were all sitting on the edge of your seats wondering just what I would do...

I ended up being able to keep it in the hotel for one of the days, we got to check in a bit early, so it didnt have to sit in the car.

The other day I took a combo of all of your suggestions, put it in a cooler inside a cooler, would sometimes throw a chilled soda in there, a few pieces of ice and what not, and kept a thermometer in there to make sure it wasn't too cool. Thanks guys.