Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Talk about keratin production

Is the amount of keratin production also stimulated by dht and hormones well? And does it eventually also go away when sebum production is completely regulated too?

What are natural foods and or supplements that help regulate it?

I have no clue to be honest, I know vitamin A in good sources like carrots/other veggies/cod liver oil are good but what else can we do for it?

fish oil (pills or liquid, not cod liver oil) and vitamin A (from whole foods) should help a lot by themselves

I have some studies on hard drive regarding what causes hyperkeratinization and excess keratinization. Ill post them tommorrow

Apparently androgens are to blame for this keratin problem as well.

Check out the thread "Resveratrol" in the acne research. Theres some really good info regardign PPARs and acne. Seems like PPARs also play a role in keratinization as well.

Heres an interesting site I found regarding the subject.

http://herbalmusings.com/natural_treatment...r_adult_acn.htm

What are some of the ingredients found in these products and their benefits? Some of the most effective treatments contain tea tree oil, green tea extract, azelaic acid, ester- C, tocopherol (vitamin E) and a variety of herbal extracts. Azelaic acid is a naturally occurring acid that stabilizes keratin production and produces results comparable to that of Retin-A, benzoyl peroxide or oral antibiotics, such as tetracycline. Tea tree oil has long been known to possess antifungal and antibacterial qualities. Green tea, and topical vitamin C and E are potent antioxidants that help to reduce infection and inflammation.

Other ingredients include fruit acids (AHAs and BHAs) that act as gentle exfoliates. One relative newcomer to this list is an algae extract called Phlorogine that has met with great success in several double-blind studies on adult acne.

What are some of the ingredients found in these products and their benefits? Some of the most effective treatments contain tea tree oil, green tea extract, azelaic acid, ester- C, tocopherol (vitamin E) and a variety of herbal extracts. Azelaic acid is a naturally occurring acid that stabilizes keratin production and produces results comparable to that of Retin-A, benzoyl peroxide or oral antibiotics, such as tetracycline. Tea tree oil has long been known to possess antifungal and antibacterial qualities. Green tea, and topical vitamin C and E are potent antioxidants that help to reduce infection and inflammation.

Other ingredients include fruit acids (AHAs and BHAs) that act as gentle exfoliates. One relative newcomer to this list is an algae extract called Phlorogine that has met with great success in several double-blind studies on adult acne.

If your still considering getting derm treatment, maybe ask about Azelaic acid. I never tried it, and in fact just heard about it while researching this topic a bit.

If your still considering getting derm treatment, maybe ask about Azelaic acid. I never tried it, and in fact just heard about it while researching this topic a bit.

I have only heard that azelaic acid targets bacteria. It's the retinoinds that are supposed to improve keratinisation. That quotation sounds like it muddles a number of acne treatments that work in quite different ways.

You know what's funny? I took Azelex when I was 16 and it kept me beautifully clear. Several months ago I took it and it totally irritated the heck outta me...I wonder what happened. Anyways azelex will reduce the thickness of the stratum corenum (horny layer), reduce keratin granules and kill the bacteria (according to the literature).