Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yenny

Bumps on chin/lower cheeks

I've been getting some form of acne (atleast, I hope it's acne) on my face for a few years now.

It mainly occurs on my chin and the bottom-lower quarter of my cheeks, the quarter near the corners of my mouth.

Basically, I get a lot of red spots (they usually aren't raised, just red spots) and some of them have a white head on them, but not big ones. I take good care of my skin and have always used acne washes/pads daily, but they don't seem to do anything.

This is a form of acne, right? And is there anything that would be a big help with clearing it up?

Another note, to save making an extra topic, I've started using a 5% benzoyl peroxide acne cream three days ago. I apply it when I get up and when I go to bed to any spots with the red bumps, and I wash my face with SpectroGel before applying it.

So far, it hasn't made my skin itchy/rashed/scaly. However, the white heads have begun flaking off, but none of the skin around them is showing any effects. It's just the white heads being dried up, right?

And regarding my original problem, will it help get rid of the red spots?