Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
legend08

Body becoming immuned to perscriptions?

Hey i've been on minocycline 100Mg and a .05 retin-a cream for bout 10 months now and on my 8th month taking those anda bunch of v-beams for my scarring on my cheeks actually cleared me up for awhile but then of course it all comes back. Luckly, not as bad at it started but i was wondering if my body could become immuned to the minocycline and retin-a. If so should i go back to the ol' derm and get a up on the percentage for the retin-a and the pills if there is one?

you're more likely becoming immune to the minocyne since its an antibiotic. i would suggest u ask ur derm to switch ur pills... or a bigger dose if there is one. the same thing happened to me... as i became more immune, my derm had to increase the dose to keep my skin clear. but unfortunately i had to go off them cuz of "long term side effects" or whatever. (i say unfortunately since that was the only thing that kept my skin like 95% clear)