Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-ET-

Strange Rash

This came up about a week ago. Any ideas? I can't get into the doctor's office for a couple weeks.

post-52909-1187641862_thumb.png

post-52909-1187641862_thumb.png

This came up about a week ago. Any ideas? I can't get into the doctor's office for a couple weeks.

It's not poison ivy. It started out as a few patches of dry skin. It doesn't itch or anything, and I haven't been outside very much because of school. I've been putting moisturizer on it. Has this happened to anyone else?

The first couple of weeks I was on TANE I got a 2 or 3 different rashes. They lasted a few days and then went away. The last on came after I sued Nair on my legs. It was aweful. It itched horribly and didn't go away for like 4 days. I think it was b/c my skin has become so sensitive and it was reacting to things it may not have before.

may want to get it checked out by another doctor if your's is busy.

....check and make sure it's not erythema multiforme caused by accutane......

I don't know how this hasn't been brought up yet but Accutane has a pretty good tendency to create almost eczema like rashes along the arms. personally my derm simply prescribed me this really thick gooish type substance (similar to vaseline, but not quite) and it works to heal up the rashes within a day or two. Moisturize heavily for now and hopefully get a prescription when you meet up with your derm.

Could be dermatitis...thats what I got while on accutane...MY derm prescribed me steroidal cream to clear it (Which it did) , then maintain by moisturizing it with extra strength moisturizer.

I also got similar rashes all over my arms. My derm told me it was caused by the accutane, and that it was normal. She gave me some hydrocortisone cream to put on it, but I only used it like twice. I found that just using lotion helped the rash go away and prevented me from getting any more.