Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Enter at own risk... kind of gross topic... but I'm concerned!!

So I went to a naturopathic doctor and he told me not to eat raw veggies... I havent really been following his advice fully, but I have been eating more cooked veggies and less raw ones... and this means I cut out the freshly juiced carrot, beet, celery, spinach, pepper, ginger drink that I have every other day. Well I cut it out a week ago and I seriously think it's depriving me of some good fiber or something because I had THE most painful bowel movement EVER today... I literally felt like I was giving berth through my bum!!!! And I bled because of it!! :( Should I not take the docs advice and go back to my juiced veggies? Maybe just less often?? CAuse that was PAINFUL!!!!

correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't juiced veggies still fresh? isn't it just like eating fresh vegetables?

correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't juiced veggies still fresh? isn't it just like eating fresh vegetables?

I don't think juiced vegetables would matter because they would be all broken down. You're not really eating them, you're drinking them making them really really to digest and assimilate.

your doctor is sort of right, but if thats the only advice he gave you, tell him to go fuck himself.

I had this problem a year back.

Just eat jello all day and drink milk and potatoes etc etc. or anything soft. Drink some fiber drinks/shakes.

but the most important thing is to OD on water. drink as much water as you can, like 20-30 glasses a day maybe, but don't do it so much that you have to vomit.

After a weeek it should be gone.

thats it, don't waste your time on anything else.

why would a doctor (even a natropath) ever suggest not to eat raw veggies?!?!?!?!?!?!

it is like- the healthiest food to eat!!! with the most vitamins and minerals!!!!!!!!

that is horrible advice that he/she gave you dear, please keep eating your veggies raw, its better for your digestion too... :)

oh, also- to soften up your "bowel movements" you should take a couple stool softeners everyday, they are way gental (not like a laxitive, much gentler) and you can find them for cheap at any pharmacy

I don't think juiced vegetables would matter because they would be all broken down. You're not really eating them, you're drinking them making them really really to digest and assimilate.

I'm pretty sure juicing isn't the best way to digest anything. In your mouth, when you chew real food and turn it into mush, your adding saliva which contains a enzyme to help pre-digest forms of starch. Also your pacing the rate of food flowing through your digestive system (should be slow but steady if you chew enough). Liquid food passes through the digestive system much faster. There are no blenders in nature!

Milk is only a liquid food for when your a baby as you can't digest solid foods, which you slowly become less tolerant too overtime (most babies can digest milk fine, and absorb the nutrients - in fact it's pretty vital). Drinking calories is the worst way to absorb nutrients from those calories (although drinking some juiced veg would better than no veg at all). It's the reason that a glass of fruit juice is only counted as one portion of fruit a day, as is drinking a whole carton of it.

Did they explain why you shouldn't eat raw veg? You might want to read up about Soluble / insoluble fibre. And like someone else said drinking plenty of water, but not all at once - sip it steadily during the day. Another method is the waterfall method, which is when you get up in the morning drink a large glass of water in the first half an hour and don't eat for another half an hour. This supposedly helps kick start your flushing system everyday. You might want to read this thread as it had a lot of good posts from nurses

Do I Drop Dead Soon

yep that's what i do in the morning, wake up and drink a cup of diluted chlorophyllin solution, take a shower and then an hour after i wake up start making breakfast

Tdot,

I agree with Ariventa. You said that your naturopath said your digestion is all messed up, right? Well, he probably doesn't want you eating raw veggies because they are difficult to digest. Cooking veggies makes them easier to digest. Juiced veggies shouldn't be a problem.

i dont understand, raw veggies are rich in enzymes that aid in their own digestion, the enzymes in cooked veggies are mostly destroyed through heat.

i have the same bowel problems as you, veggie smoothies has really helped a great deal.

i dont understand, raw veggies are rich in enzymes that aid in their own digestion, the enzymes in cooked veggies are mostly destroyed through heat.

i have the same bowel problems as you, veggie smoothies has really helped a great deal.

Thanks for all the replies guys :) I ended up caving and I had my veggie juice.... it's just so darn good! And makes me feel good... I decided I will only drink it every once in a while as opposed to every other day. And guess what? I didnt feel like I was having a baby through my bum after I drank it LOL.

Tdot,

I agree with Ariventa. You said that your naturopath said your digestion is all messed up, right? Well, he probably doesn't want you eating raw veggies because they are difficult to digest. Cooking veggies makes them easier to digest. Juiced veggies shouldn't be a problem.