Notifications
Clear all

help with minocycline

MemberMember
(@frank1318)

Posted : 08/20/2007 12:19 pm

I have been on minocycline for 4 days and I fel like throwing up does anyone now how long this is going to take to go away

MemberMember
(@ryanne)

Posted : 08/20/2007 12:55 pm

I have been on minocycline for 4 days and I fel like throwing up does anyone now how long this is going to take to go away
MemberMember
(@frank1318)

Posted : 08/20/2007 5:34 pm

MemberMember
(@ddkiwb)

Posted : 08/21/2007 9:47 pm

i've been on it for 3 weeks (100 mgs twice a day) and i am so fatigued and unfocused throughout the day. i might have to stop this before school starts back up again. the fatigue is just too unbearable. do you have this problem at all?

MemberMember
(@ryanne)

Posted : 08/22/2007 9:54 am

i've been on it for 3 weeks (100 mgs twice a day) and i am so fatigued and unfocused throughout the day. i might have to stop this before school starts back up again. the fatigue is just too unbearable. do you have this problem at all?
MemberMember
(@featherbriefcase)

Posted : 08/02/2013 6:54 pm

I started with 100mg's 2 times a day, once mid-morning around 10 am and then again at 10 pm before I go to bed. I too felt fatigued at first. This lasted about a week, and then after I reduced my intake to 100 mg's once a day in the evening the tiredness subsided. I also had diarrhea at first, but now I think my body is used to it because I don't feel these side effects anymore. I also felt dizzy when I first started. But, I honestly think this medication is well worth it. I stopped taking it for two months and the acne came back! AAAHHH! I went back to the Dr. and within a week, the acne cleared up.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 08/02/2013 7:53 pm

Wow. I don't know what to tell you. I was on minocycle and on the 2nd week. I threw up bad, then I ended up getting a fever and my lips become swollen and I was itchy everywhere. I was allergic to minocycline and didn't even know it. I thought it was just a cold. I ended up going to the hospital for 30days. The allergic reactions is the worst ever I was sent straight to where they put the people who need special attention.

I spent 30 days in the hospital. I had to use aquaphor all over my body to stop the itchiness while in the hospital. I couldn't shower because I was so weak and everything hurt. I had a fever for the first 7 days. I would sleep during the day and stay up all night watching bill cosby family shows. I was so sad and sick. I saw my life flash right before my eyes. I would couldn't sleep they would take my temperature and blood pressure every 15 mins. I had to get blood drawn every morning my fingers were pricked. It was a nightmare.

Im also allergic to tetracycline. Which is part of the cycline family of antibiotics.

The only upside to this was. I got a bunch of small bumps all over my body, and when they all healed I had clear beautiful snowlike skin. But after a month my acne came back that's when I found the perfect benzoyl peroxide for me.

MemberMember
(@reachingmydreams)

Posted : 08/18/2013 6:05 pm

I turned 16 yesterday and have been on Minocycline for 3 days. I take it at 6 in the morning and 8 at night, and I've noticed I'm a little sleepy, I have a headache (or if not I'm slightly dizzy), and nauseous pretty much anytime I'm awake. I'm scared I may be allergic to Mino, or if my body just needs to adjust to it, since it is so early in the treatment. Do you think that it may be because I'm not taking it in equal hour increments (Ex. 8 a.m./ 8 p.m.)? Is it ok to change the times that I take it, or do I need to do it slowly? My doctor simply told me "wake up, wash your face, take the mino, and an hour or so before you go to bed take it again." I don't want to cause a serious harm to my body, I've got too much things I still need to do in life.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/18/2013 6:32 pm

What dose are you taking ReachMyDreams? Sleepiness, headache and nausea and common start up side effects of Minocycline that should subside with time.

MemberMember
(@reachingmydreams)

Posted : 08/18/2013 8:12 pm

I'm taking 100 mg twice a day, and I weigh about 110 lbs. I barely went to the dermatolagist for the first time 4 days ago, and she didn't even weigh me, so I was confused as to how she even knew what dosage to reccomend me, but didn't think about it utill afterward. Thank you, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be experiencing all of that at the same time, and I have a tendency to stress myself out about stuff, which I know makes things SO much worse, so I really needed someone who's gone through this to reassure me.

What dose are you taking ReachMyDreams? Sleepiness, headache and nausea and common start up side effects of Minocycline that should subside with time.

MemberMember
(@burnthenightaway)

Posted : 08/18/2013 11:45 pm

I was on 100mg of minocycline two times a day for 6 weeks and I experienced the nausea and dizziness, especially when I had been sitting down for an extended period of time and then stood up. I took it twice a day, but I kind of took it sporadically throughout the day. It's summer and all so I had difficulty waking up in the mornings just to take the pill. I usually tried to space them at least 10 hours apart, though. I don't remember if the nausea and dizziness subsided as time progressed, but I do know that the minocycline was working. I eventually stopped taking it though because I developed discoloration on my hand and even though discoloration is a side effect of minocycline, my dermatologist had never seen that kind that I had before so he took me off it and prescribed me Ceftin. I've been on Ceftin for 3 weeks now and I think it's definitely working. A lot of the acne is gone; I just have one cyst that has been persistent (but it's getting smaller) and a bunch of scarring and hyperpigmentation. Like mino, I take 100mg twice a day with plenty of water although I have not experienced any side effects, which has been great. Perhaps Ceftin may work for you, ReachingMy Dreams, although if you have an allergy to penicillin, then you shouldn't take it.

MemberMember
(@reachingmydreams)

Posted : 08/19/2013 8:08 am

Nope, I'm not allegic to penicillin. That's why I was worried, actually, because my body usually isn't upset by things, so the fact that I'm experiencing side effects is unusual. I think I'll stay on mino for a bit more, see how things are going, and if it just doesn't work I'll look into Ceftin. I was also reccommended to Backdrum? by my aunt yesterday, as acne tends to run in our family. Have you heard of it?

I was on 100mg of minocycline two times a day for 6 weeks and I experienced the nausea and dizziness, especially when I had been sitting down for an extended period of time and then stood up. I took it twice a day, but I kind of took it sporadically throughout the day. It's summer and all so I had difficulty waking up in the mornings just to take the pill. I usually tried to space them at least 10 hours apart, though. I don't remember if the nausea and dizziness subsided as time progressed, but I do know that the minocycline was working. I eventually stopped taking it though because I developed discoloration on my hand and even though discoloration is a side effect of minocycline, my dermatologist had never seen that kind that I had before so he took me off it and prescribed me Ceftin. I've been on Ceftin for 3 weeks now and I think it's definitely working. A lot of the acne is gone; I just have one cyst that has been persistent (but it's getting smaller) and a bunch of scarring and hyperpigmentation. Like mino, I take 100mg twice a day with plenty of water although I have not experienced any side effects, which has been great. Perhaps Ceftin may work for you, ReachingMy Dreams, although if you have an allergy to penicillin, then you shouldn't take it.

MemberMember
(@burnthenightaway)

Posted : 08/19/2013 5:03 pm

Nope, I'm not allegic to penicillin. That's why I was worried, actually, because my body usually isn't upset by things, so the fact that I'm experiencing side effects is unusual. I think I'll stay on mino for a bit more, see how things are going, and if it just doesn't work I'll look into Ceftin. I was also reccommended to Backdrum? by my aunt yesterday, as acne tends to run in our family. Have you heard of it?

I have not heard of it. Give the mino a while longer, perhaps the side effects will dissipate over time as your body adjusts. Good luck!