Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

woke up today at 7 am to go to the derm appointment which was rescheduled twice on me, only to find out they moved it to a different location without telling me. WTF i had never even been to the office they moved it to. this is after they put me back on mino which didnt work the first whole year i was on it before tane. they never answered my calls.... plus aftering screwing up my appointment they dont even try and reschedule me. 'well the next opening we have is in a month' ill be in f*cking college by then :wall:

my first derm at least treated me, even though he made me wait 2 hours before most of my appointments.....

i have voiced my opinion on ratemds.com people shouldnt be treated this way :mad:

I don't think all dermatologists are horrible people (but I wouldn't know as I never had enough courage to go to one). Derms are a dime a dozen, so if yours is truly that bad you'd be much better off switching to another one.

Whenever I had a derm they weren't that bad the most I had to wait to get back into the rooms to speak with them was 20-30 minutes, and they didn't ever move locations without a call or not try and reschedule me, from the sounds of it if yours is really that bad, you should just try to find a newer one. :D

Call & ask to speak to an office manager if there is one & complain. Or you can write a letter &/or email. I wrote a detailed complaint letter & email ((to make sure they got it one way or the other :D) to my ortho when I was treated badly. I reminded them that just because they are in the medical field that they are still a private business & I am a customer & that their service was terrible & inexcusable.

I was going to switch orthos but they called & apologized & promised there would be change. Things changed a lot after that.

Dont pay for anything!! Make the biggest show and demand money!! Tell all your friends about how horrible your derm is and have a nasty cuss out session with the receptionist. I have done this many times with doctors i did not like.

As a vet tech and sometimes receptionist, I don't think it's fair to yell at and demean the receptionist.

I agree that what the OP has had to deal with is pretty shitty.. but there are better ways to deal with it (such as Siouxsie's suggestion.)

And not paying your bill is a great way to be sent to collections.

My derm used to be very good...but now she has too many patients and is always booked up. Whenever I go for an appointment, the tiny waiting room is packed. There aren't enough chairs for everyone, so most people stand up the whole time. Occasionally, I'll get up to let someone sit for awhile, because I start to feel guilty that I'm hogging one of the few chairs. :lol:

By the time I see her, I usually have been waiting for over an hour past my scheduled time. She sees me for no more than two minutes. The whole appointment involves her looking at my face for two seconds, and then her spending the rest of the time writing notes on my chart, and filling out scripts for my meds. Then she shakes my hand goodbye, and that's it.

It's really getting aggravating. She used to be so involved, but now it just seems like all she's worried about is moving onto her next patient who also has been waiting for a long time. I want to switch, but there aren't many decent dermatologists around here. :doubt: