Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
d.o.m.

hypertrophic scars on back

hey guys

I'd like to ask you the following question; is it possible to get rid of hypertrophic scars on the back (high = 4-5mm, diameter = 1-6mm) with methods like excision and trichloroacetic acid, injection of cortisone or multiple dermabrassions... so that I'll get a smooth - and what is more important - flat skin without "sensible hills".

I'm prepared to spend a lot of money in it (more than 10 grand).

I'm happy to hear from you;-))

greetings

d.o.m.

My hypertrophic scaring doesn't sound quite as bad as yours... But what i have been doing is dermarolling atm home with a 0.75mm roller. I use retin-a striahgt after the treatment, i have only been doing this for a few weeks and have seen improvement already!!

Now one thing you need to make sure is you don't have keloid scaring because dermarolling would only make your situation worse. I would also think some other form of treatment to lower the scars before you being dermarolling would be best, Cortisone maybe?

Either way remember it is not always the most expensive methods that will get you the best results, i have access to plenty of funds but have decided dermarolling both at home and with a good DR is the best treatment for my back and facial scaring.

Best of luck dude!!

@lamarr: thanks for the answer.

No, I don't think that I have keloid scarring, because they don't get bigger;-)

But what do you think there is a possibility that I will get nearly (95%) normal skin?

thx :shifty:

d.o.m.