Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristaball

Questions about the egg white mask.

Okay, I used the egg white/lemon juice mask tonight. I tried to get the yolk out, and I managed to get about half of it out, but then the rest got all mixed together with the white. Does that make a difference? It is bad for the yoke to be in there?

And how often do you guys use this mask? How long did it take for you to notice your red marks fading?

I just started using the mask this week and it is working pretty well, my redness has definitely toned down a bit and my face seems to have become whiter and brighter. I usually use the mask for about 10 minutes or until it is dry, but if it gets too dry my face cannot move and that is my limit.

The way i get all the egg white instead of the yolk is really easy. I crack the shell down the middle off the side of my kitchen counter and then with both hands holding each cracked shell i transfer the yolk between the two shells and while this is happening the egg white is dripping into the bowl.

oh, another thing. Are the effects from the egg white mask permanent? I've heard from some people that it's only a temporary bleach.

oh, another thing. Are the effects from the egg white mask permanent? I've heard from some people that it's only a temporary bleach.

The egg whites are more drying/"bleaching" while the egg yolk is more moisturizing. You could do the white then the yolk just so you can replenish the moisture.

By bleaching do you mean the actual egg whites bleach or whiten the skin permanently? I'm wondering because I was in the sun a lot this summer and don't want to lose the tan right now. Thank you.

Can you use the egg white mask by itself without the lemon because I heard when you are on Retin-A you should avoid applying lemon/lime?