Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wanabeacnefree

Has acne ever stopped you from going out?

How many people have avoided going out because of their acne?

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but after being on this website for a only couple of weeks now, I have noticed alot of people who have said they haven't left the house for a while because of their acne.

I have moderate acne on my face and have never stayed home because of it. Even on my worst days, although I have come close. I feel sad for those of you who feel you cannot leave the house because of your acne.

It shows how detrimental acne is to our emotional wellbeing.

I am a female in my late thirties and have suffered from acne for more than 20 years. I try to stay positive most of the time. My worst days are when I have to go out (work, functions, shopping) and makeup just doesn't do the trick. But I still do it and when I get home, I think to myself 'well, that wasn't so bad after all'.

I am otherwise healthy and feel I have a positive outlook on life, regardless of my acne woes.

I would like to understand more about those of you who have stayed at home because of acne:

How severe is your acne?

Are you male/female?

How old are you?

Do you work?

Do you stay home only on really bad acne days or is it more frequent?

For the girls, is makeup not enough to cover it?

I would appreciate any feedback in helping to understand more about the emotional effects of acne (we all know about the physical stuff ).

How severe is your acne? Truthfully, I'm not sure, my face isn't as bad these days, but my bacne is pretty gross still in my opinion, I'm working on both though. :D

Are you male/female? Female.

How old are you? Fifteen.

Do you work? Not currently, but I plan on trying to get a job if I get this all cleared up, I have nothing else to do. :lol:

Do you stay home only on really bad acne days or is it more frequent? I stay home quite often, but I don't really have much to do if I try to go out. [ Friends don't really live all that close to me. ] but either way, most days I still don't like to go out much.

For the girls, is makeup not enough to cover it? Some days it isn't, some days it is.

How severe is your acne? Truthfully, I'm not sure, my face isn't as bad these days, but my bacne is pretty gross still in my opinion, I'm working on both though. :D

Are you male/female? Female.

How old are you? Fifteen.

Do you work? Not currently, but I plan on trying to get a job if I get this all cleared up, I have nothing else to do. :lol:

Do you stay home only on really bad acne days or is it more frequent? I stay home quite often, but I don't really have much to do if I try to go out. [ Friends don't really live all that close to me. ] but either way, most days I still don't like to go out much.

For the girls, is makeup not enough to cover it? Some days it isn't, some days it is.

Well Ive been hiding for the last 2 weeks in side... The last 2 weekends I wanted to go out with this guy... but i broke out really bad and got really depressed so I shut off my phone. I havent talked to anyone for 2 weeks. I know they cant see me on the phone but I just dont feel like even talking or making up excuses, so I litterly kinda "fell of the map" to a lot of people..

How severe is your acne? mild/moderate

Are you male/female? female

How old are you? 19

Do you work? I have a PT job, which i havent went to for 2 weeks...

Do you stay home only on really bad acne days or is it more frequent? when its bad

For the girls, is makeup not enough to cover it? Makeup didnt cover it..

But its healed a lot in the last 2 weeks so this week I might actually go out :)

Im pathetic i kno :(

How severe is your acne? mild - moderate

How old are you? 19

Do you work? yes

Do you stay home only on really bad acne days or is it more frequent? sometimes I'll make excuses to not hang out with someone due to my skin, but I never miss work or school because of it...even when I have a bad breakout

For the girls, is makeup not enough to cover it? sometimes it isn't, but that's not as common anymore

How severe is your acne? moderate.

Are you male/female? female.

How old are you? fourteen.

Do you work? only school. (:

Do you stay home only on really bad acne days or is it more frequent? only really bad days.

For the girls, is makeup not enough to cover it? on bad days and usual days no. on good days absolutely.

acne sucks.

How severe is your acne : Currently mild-moderate, Shedload of red marks and scars though

Male/Female : Male

Do you work : Nope, quit my job when acne was starting to get severe

Do you stay home only on really bad acne days or is it more frequent? :

Now that my skin is finally starting to get better after around 6 months of severe acne im slowly starting to go out again, although when my acne was at its worse i stayed at home for literally 6 months only going out to see close mates at night and very rarely. But at that time my skin was really bad. Nowadays my skins slowly healing, still have the odd one or 2 (or 3) spots but its mainly redmarks which is preventing me from going out properly. So ive a while to wait yet

How severe is your acne? Mild with redmarks/ice pick scars

How old are you? 21

Do you work? Not at the moment

Do you stay home only on really bad acne days or is it more frequent? I stay home most of the time..even if i dont have acne , redmarks are enough pain at times , but I do go out when I feel like or have to.

For the girls, is makeup not enough to cover it? Its enough but its pain to put make up everytime you wanna go out even to take out trash or something :wall:

How severe is your acne? mild/moderate

Male/female: female

Do you work: A lot at school!

Do you stay home only on really bad acne days or is it more frequent? Before DKR mostly cleared my skin I stayed in on bad acne days. I always went to school only missed social events with my friends.

For the girls, is makeup not enough to cover it? No not when it was bad. Make up doesn't cover the lumpiness.

about to be a month i think since the last time i went out...i've only gone out for doc's appt. i plan to go out tomorro n maybe this wkend since my face seems to be healing. i havent seen my friends since the 4th of july, i've been avoidin them by makin excuses that im sick or away.

How severe is your acne? was moderate to severe....now its mild to moderate..ws ome red marks...w/out makeup looks BADDDD

Are you male/female? FEMALE

How old are you? 21 about to be 22 in 2 wks.

Do you work? not this summer, first time since iwas 16 yrs old. my parents were sweet enough to let me stay in this summer bcuz of my acne. they saw how frustratin it got durin the spring w/work, school n acne. so i've just been home all summer.

Do you stay home only on really bad acne days or is it more frequent? i used to be a party animal tiill acne. i hardly or ever go out now...about to start school n i live there so i should be goin out more.

For the girls, is makeup not enough to cover it? it is but i hate wearing it. i never wore makeup b4 acne! it isnt enought coverage sometimes when theres a big red/purple/black bump on ur face. =(

How severe is your acne?

use to be severe: 10-30 various sized pimples, then moderate I guess 2-15, and now I'm pretty clear from accutane but still have 2.

Are you male/female?

female

How old are you?

Do you work?

Yes, and I'm a teacher so I know my students are sweet to me but they probably talk about my scars behind my back...

I feel like I'm invisible anyway so it doesn't really bother me anymore....I go out alone to stores and shopping, but I hate being around people b/c i always feel like my acne stands out

I use to not be able to leave the house w/o mineral makeup...but one day I caught a glimpse of it under weird light or something and it looked even worse than without makeup! It kind of made my scars pop out even more.

I don't have that much active acne anymore so makeup doesn't help. My scars are just horrible.

So...yes it's definitely ruined me socially.

How severe is your acne? mild

Are you male/female? male

How old are you? 21

Do you work? Deliver for Pizza Hut.... my face is what i deliver i always say

Do you stay home only on really bad acne days or is it more frequent? more frequent. In college I hide in my bedroom and play video games alot. My roomates give me tons of shit. I did come to my hometown and went out drinking with my highschool friends for 6 straight days and had a blast even though I just quit bp and started Neutrogena Acne-Stress and im having the worst breakout ive had in a long time.

How severe is your acne? Mild to Moderate

Are you male/female? Female

How old are you? 16

Do you work? Yes, I am a part-time cashier at CVS Pharmacy.

Do you stay home only on really bad acne days or is it more frequent? I used to, but these days I don't have that luxury between working, college visits, and driving lessons.

For the girls, is makeup not enough to cover it? It covers a significant amount, but not as much as I would like.

I dont really avoid going out because of my acne. I need to pay a lot of bills and I need the money. I alraedy dont make that much money. I work in a nursing home as a nurses aid, making only $11.46 an hour. Im a 23 year old female. No Im a male named Molly :lol: My acne is moderate. When I first started having acne at the age of 13, it was severe but as Ive gotten older my acne has gotten better. The weird thing though is back then it didnt bother me. Now my acne is better than it was back then and it bothers me more now. Im not sure why. I guess back then I had more things to be depressed about. I never wear make up anymore. By 12 oclock usually I just want to take it off. It itches and feels horrible.

How severe is your acne?

Mild with a couple of scars and red marks

Are you male/female?

Female

How old are you?

21 in a couple of weeks

Do you work?

Yes part time, and go to uni full time

When my acne was moderate to severe I stayed at home frequently. Now days I only stay at home only if its really bad. I'm more likely to stay home if i want to avoid a social event, I can usually handle going to uni or work with crappy skin.

Sometimes all make up does is make me look like I have skin coloured acne, the bumps are there but there just not red! Other times it covers it fine