Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i was making out with my new man and he must have had some razor stubble.

the next day, my face was SOOOOOO red and inflamed. my chin, upper lip, even my cheekbone(don't know how that happened). this was on wedn. its sunday and it still hasnt totally healed yet.

the skin got super dry, then scaly, now its flaky. i figure a few more days and it should be back to normal.

has anyone else experienced this??? :think:

haha YES. i've never been on accutane but my skin is super sensitive (and now dry cause of the spiro im taking and the differin that likes to kill my skin).

Luckily it usually doesnt take long to heal, but when i feel my face after a long makeout session (we tend to makeout for a couple of hours... haha) im like, holy WOAH my face is dry and flaky!! And sometimes itchy. He always feels bad cause of his beard and scruffiness scratching my skin.

haha YES. i've never been on accutane but my skin is super sensitive (and now dry cause of the spiro im taking and the differin that likes to kill my skin).

Luckily it usually doesnt take long to heal, but when i feel my face after a long makeout session (we tend to makeout for a couple of hours... haha) im like, holy WOAH my face is dry and flaky!! And sometimes itchy. He always feels bad cause of his beard and scruffiness scratching my skin.

While I can't say I've ever had anything remotely similar happen to me... thats a really funny story, ha.... oh accutane, the things you do to us...

Happened to me, too when I was taking Accutane 10 years ago! Ouch. I had to use an extra heavy coating of moisturizer the next day to help reduce some of the redness.

i've had this happen to me quite a bit in the past... it totally sucks! it feels like your recovering from sandpaper being rubbed on your face ... i also have had the scaly/chapped skin feeling, shoot even my lips peeled from it... guys just don't understand, you tell them to shave right before, and they always end up forgetting lol.

i have an idea, carry aroud yourself a mach 3 razor and some shaving gel, (cuz guys need help)that way you can let him go to the bathroom and shave real quick b4 you'll kiss him lol

I hear you and feel your pain!! :D

I just started Accutane last week and on the second day, Hubby and I were getting a little "frisky" shall we say ;) and my lips got so dry and my face started getting all itchy and tingly. So finally I had to tell him "Let's just get on with this, shall we?" LOL!

so glad to know i am not the only one.

since i am not ready to drop the accutane bomb, i think i will use retin-a as an excuse for him to be clean-shaven.

he already commented on my "being addicted to lip gloss!"

nice!

i've had this happen to me quite a bit in the past... it totally sucks! it feels like your recovering from sandpaper being rubbed on your face ... i also have had the scaly/chapped skin feeling, shoot even my lips peeled from it... guys just don't understand, you tell them to shave right before, and they always end up forgetting lol.

i have an idea, carry aroud yourself a mach 3 razor and some shaving gel, (cuz guys need help)that way you can let him go to the bathroom and shave real quick b4 you'll kiss him lol