Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girl333

Fat Transfer for icepick scars

has anyone had a fat transfer for icepick scars done? I'm getting fraxel done right now but should be done with five by November and want to get a fat transfer for my scars but I'm not sure it's possible with my type of scars. Why do people get collagen and restylane(sp) instead of a fat transfer? I read there's less chance of a reaction and it lasts longer. Also does subscision work for icepick scars? thanks for any help or replies!

Icepicks are too small and deep for fat transfer. You would end up with a donut effect around the scar where the fat would puff out the entire scar and around it ...still leaving the icepick hole.

Many years ago I had fat transfer for rolling scars, it had no effect on the ice picks.

Fat transfer is not all its cut out to be and doesnt nessesarily last as long as synthetic fillers..it's very expensive, mine lasted 3 months. If any doctor tells you FT will work for Icepicks exclusively..... Runnnn

Your best bet for icepicks are TCA cross (which has worked for others on here, but made mine worse) or punch excision, which was quick and worked out excellent for me...

Icepicks are too small and deep for fat transfer. You would end up with a donut effect around the scar where the fat would puff out the entire scar and around it ...still leaving the icepick hole.

Many years ago I had fat transfer for rolling scars, it had no effect on the ice picks.

Fat transfer is not all its cut out to be and doesnt nessesarily last as long as synthetic fillers..it's very expensive, mine lasted 3 months. If any doctor tells you FT will work for Icepicks exclusively..... Runnnn

Your best bet for icepicks are TCA cross (which has worked for others on here, but made mine worse) or punch excision, which was quick and worked out excellent for me...

thank you very much! you have been extremely helpful!

Fillers don't work for ice-picks. The usual procedure is a punch excision or punch graft although some people have has success with a TCA cross on the ice pick scars. Fillers are generally used for rolling or boxcar scars. I had a fat transfer in my cheeks and didn't get much success at all. The effects seemed to evaporate in a few months. The only fill that has worked pretty well for me thus far without going away has been 7 rounds of silicone micro-injections.

I have been told the same about icepicks/scarred pores - too small for both subcision and fillers. I have some success with 2 excisons, but the rest have been disappointing.

I have tried dermal grafts and punch floats. Punch floats turned out very badly. Dermal grafts have been mixed, but basically not very happy so far, in part becasue I got a cyst and it made a bad scar. Also, it has not made much difference.

Question to Dan T. My dermal graft is a combo of subcision followed by insertion of dermal fat/tissue harvested from behind ear with the Nokor needle. Is that what you had done? My Doc seems to think dermal tissue is best becsue it is your own skin and is permanent. If it isn't, I wnat to stop right now because I am underwhelmed so far.

Thanks