Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
me love you long time

flakey skin, need suggestions

I've been using cetaphil normal- to oily skin cleanser for about a year, but for some reason now it is making my forehead peel a little and leave dead skin behind. I rarely moisturize or exfoliate, can this be the problem? The only reason im scared to moisturize my forehead area is because im prone to breakouts there, and i dont want acne there again. I've tried purpose gentle cleansing bar thinking cetaphil stopped working, but i was still dry. I only wash twice a day with a cleanser, and my skin is naturally oily. Im not sure why I get this dry skin residue on my face, but Is moisturizing that necessary to fix this?

Also, do you think cetaphil normal- oily cleanser could be the cause of this? I really never got flakey before, but I think it might be the benzaclin I use. (I only apply a small amount)

For me, moisturizer does not cause breakouts. In fact, I don't think any products I have used caused me to breakout. If your skin is dry, use a moisturizer, Cetaphil, Dans are common ones that moisturize really well.

I have used Cetaphil before. For me it didnt cause flakiness but redness all over and cystic pimples. Maybe its time for you to try Dans cleanser and moisturizer ;)

If i switched cleaners i would most likely get the purpose cleanser, but my only fear is breaking out from the transition of cleaners.

I think my main problem is not moisturizing though, because i honestly never do it. Do you guys apply it to only your problem areas or gently to your whole face?

I apply it on my whole face. Purpose, suprisingly gave me a rash and it also contains SLS which I am apparently allergic to and I break out in more acne if I use a product that contains it. Dans cleanser comes in a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bottle.

I apply it to where I apply my topicals, for me it's 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. I have used Purpose cleanser, it dries me out way too much and I have a tough time healing my skin, but it's different for everybody. I use Cerave Hydrating Cleanser BTW, just in case you want to give it a try.

moisturizing should solve your problem...if you use the right moisturizer.

i have oily skin and use cetaphil cream at bedtime. although it's greasy, it doesn't clog pores and hydrates very well. i recommend it highly.

I apply it on my whole face. Purpose, suprisingly gave me a rash and it also contains SLS which I am apparently allergic to and I break out in more acne if I use a product that contains it. Dans cleanser comes in a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bottle.

Just so you know the little blurps of advertisement is a bit of a turn off. He/She is asking about moisturizers, not about Dan's Cleanser.

Anyway, Ive used Cetaphil as well. I loved it but now my gf nags me to get the cheaper store brand clone lol. Been using that for a while. Any kind of moisturizer is good for your face. Just make sure its gentle, light, and most importantly does not clog pores. If youre outside a lot even think about getting one with SPF in it, it cant hurt at least ;)

Good luck!

I just tried using my Purpose cleanser yesterday for experimental sakes since my skin wasn't dry then. When I came out of the shower, my skin was DRY as ever! I'm throwing that thing in the trash :naughty:

I just tried using my Purpose cleanser yesterday for experimental sakes since my skin wasn't dry then. When I came out of the shower, my skin was DRY as ever! I'm throwing that thing in the trash :naughty:

I've been using cetaphil normal- to oily skin cleanser for about a year, but for some reason now it is making my forehead peel a little and leave dead skin behind. I rarely moisturize or exfoliate, can this be the problem? The only reason im scared to moisturize my forehead area is because im prone to breakouts there, and i dont want acne there again. I've tried purpose gentle cleansing bar thinking cetaphil stopped working, but i was still dry. I only wash twice a day with a cleanser, and my skin is naturally oily. Im not sure why I get this dry skin residue on my face, but Is moisturizing that necessary to fix this?

Also, do you think cetaphil normal- oily cleanser could be the cause of this? I really never got flakey before, but I think it might be the benzaclin I use. (I only apply a small amount)

Are you using benzoyl peroxide? Sometimes with seasonal changes comes upset skin, you might try reducing the amount of benzoyl peroxide you are using. And yes, get a moisturizer. There are some that are light and some that are thick.

If your skin is dry, use a moisturizer, Cetaphil, Dans are common ones that moisturize really well.

I agree with this. :)

For me, moisturizer does not cause breakouts. In fact, I don't think any products I have used caused me to breakout. If your skin is dry, use a moisturizer, Cetaphil, Dans are common ones that moisturize really well.

I use Purpose Bar and it works great for me, but I have oily skin. I hear Basis for Sesitive skn is great, but I think you can only buy it online. For moisturizer I use Lac hydrin and I love it. It has 5% AHA so it helps with the flakes.