Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been a dedicated SA user, and it's worked very well for me, but I'm now attracted by the convenience of this Loma Lux Acne Pill thing I've been hearing about on the radio. Imagine: just pop in a couple pills a day and your acne goes away. Since there's a bit of sticker shock with the $25 price tag, however, I thought I'd turn to the group first. Has anyone any experience with Loma Lux? It's a homeopath--a mixed bag, I know. Has it worked for anyone?

Ken

Well, I have used Nature's Cure pills and I still use them and they work good. A noticeable reduction in breakouts. Sometimes I get headaches from time to time, but overall they work very good for me. When I first used them, I would have like 4-5 new blemishes a week from breakouts before using them. Within about a week of using them I could go a month with only 1-2 blemishes and sometimes no blemishes for weeks with an occasional blemish here and there. I really believe that people need to consider taking something internally in addition to water and Vitamin C. A lot of acne has to do with imbalances and hormones. Topical medications can only do so much. Whether it is accutane, antibiotics, natural pills, etc. I really think that internal medications help a lot.

No. The only side effect is maybe a few really bad headaches here and there, but I can't say for sure whether the pills caused it or something else like stress or allergies. Also, I seem to get more hungry too but that comes and goes and I can't be positive it was the pills.

I started using it about 2 years ago and then quit and now I'm using it again. I had great success with it so I'm using it again because it works for me. In my case it works great for like 2-3 months straight and my skin is flawless and so great that even people tell me that my skin looks good. Then I might get like 1 or 2 blemishes that last for a few days and then my skin is fabulous again. When I dont take the pills for like a week the breakouts come back so I make sure I take my two pills once a day and never miss a day. I keep the pills in my bathroom cabinet, my car, I make sure I have them wherever I go. They do make a difference so I really believe that they help out with some imbalance in my body or something.

As far as breakouts, no you won't have any initial breakouts. It starts working for the better when you start taking it. You'll notice the results in a few days and in a few weeks you'll notice great results. At least I did and I have mild to moderate acne. For some people it may not work as great. I like the 5% BP it comes with too. It blends into the skin better than the 2.5% Neutrogena and doesn't leave that nasty white film on the face. It has a more liquid consistency and vanishes well too unlike the 2.5% BP. It is strong though. I can feel my eyes burn when I start to apply it to my face but it goes away. As far as dryness, to me it is about the same as the 2.5% Neutrogena probably a bit less irritatin too than the 2.5% for some reason. At least for me it is. Everybody is different though.

So except for headaches and hunger which I cannot be for sure is caused by the pills, no there are no drastic side effects. No vomitting, sweating, hair loss, decrease in sex drive, or anyhting like that.

For $8.95 plus tax I love Nature's Cure. I need about 2 kits though for the month instead of one so I end up with more pills. I wish they had the BP by itself instead of the pills that come with it so I don't end up with a surplus of pills.

I'm not on Loma Lux. It's only been 3 days since I started using it, but I'll keep people posted on how it works. I've used Nature's Cure before and it did nothing for my personally. Anyone ever use Loma Lux before? If so how did it work?

I can't really testify to how well it works. I haven't heard anything, and I only used it for about five days or so. Not enough to see results!!! I stopped because my boyfriend kinda freaked me out about it because he pointed out that it's not FDA approved. So, I let them sit in my cabinet and I stewed over it for a month before I finally just threw them out. They may be perfectly safe, as they claim, but a lot of diet pills claimed to be safe and there are huge lawsuits now. Not trying to scare anyone, but if it's something you haven't considered you might think about it. I don't know. Maybe they're as harmless as vitamins. But I don't want to chance it!!! As much as I'd rather just take pills than go through the regimen, I know the regimen won't cause my liver to fail!

Ok so maybe this reply doesn't belong in this forum but I feel compelled to say something about diet pills, particularly those containing ephedra, which has gotten a lot of bum press these days. When I first started taking them, the first thing that I thought was, "some dumbass is going to take way too many of these and die from them and they're going to ban it", which turned out to be true. The football players and baseball players that died from it just took way too damn many of them. Shoving anything by the fistful is going to have adverse affects. Taking them by the handful and having a grueling workout in 100 degree weather doesn't help much either. The point is, the pills were not taken according to directions. They didn't say on the bottle, "yeah take 20 of these at a time and you'll be propelled to peak performance!". I don't have any numbers, but hundreds, ney, thousands of people die yearly from taking OTC medicine or even medicine prescribed to them by a well meaning doctor. Even if not abused, they can have advise side effects. Just listen to radio ads or watch tv commericials for prescription drugs out there, all of much were granted "FDA Approval". They show you the benefits, then while playing the beautiful music they quickly sneak in "side effects may include vomiting, heart atttack, psychosis, etc. , but please ask your doctor to see if you would like a trial pack". Ok maybe this is off base, but what about alcohol and tobbaco. It's legal. It's been proven to kill millions of people each year. But yet the FDA allows it because why? It's profitable. Right or wrong, dollar signs is what counts to companies. I don't think it's right to single out a product because people are stupid and willing ignore the directions on and package then try to blame someone else and sue 'em for everything they have. All of this of course, is just my opinion.

-Snake

I called Loma Lux and asked them and all the ingredients in them are FDA approved. Homeopathic meds have to have homeopathic ingredients that the FDA approves. Check out acnepill.com. eusa_wall.gif

I can't really testify to how well it works.  I haven't heard anything, and I only used it for about five days or so.  Not enough to see results!!!  I stopped because my boyfriend kinda freaked me out about it because he pointed out that it's not FDA approved.  So, I let them sit in my cabinet and I stewed over it for a month before I finally just threw them out.  They may be perfectly safe, as they claim, but a lot of diet pills claimed to be safe and there are huge lawsuits now.  Not trying to scare anyone, but if it's something you haven't considered you might think about it.  I don't know.  Maybe they're as harmless as vitamins.  But I don't want to chance it!!! As much as I'd rather just take pills than go through the regimen, I know the regimen won't cause my liver to fail!