Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I use Aloe Vera Gel (Solarcaine burn relief Aloe Vera Extract Gel. To be exact) and it has faded my scars and if i put it on my pimples they turn less red and get less inflamed..so i guess they heal faster haha.

does anyone else use any aloe vera gel?

if so what was your results..

i love it! :surprised:

If you read the ingredients list you dont even see Aloe Vera as an ingredient!!!

It may be the Lidocaine Hydrochloride that's helping!!

Active Ingredients

Lidocaine Hydrochloride 0.5%

Ingredients

Water , Propylene Glycol , Glycerin , Triethanolamine , Isopropyl Alcohol 0/06% V/V , Polysorbate 80 , Carbomer , Diazolidinyl Urea , Menthol , Disodium EDTA , FD&C Yellow #5 , FD&C Blue #1

I have heard from numerous people that when it comes to aloe vera, its always good to find pure aloe vera, or a product contaning as pure of aloe vera as possible.

See... that was where I was confused... people said pure aloe vera, and I was wondering if litterally meant snap an aloe vera plant and rub. But I decided against it, aloe vera plants have feelings too ya know.

Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel. It is "100% pure aloe vera". It can be found pretty much everywhere, I got mine at walmart.

Good for moisturizing sun burnt skin, but doesnt really help with acne in my opinion. By the way, it works freaking awesome as hair gel.

Yup, I love aloe vera gel. It makes my skin soft. It doesn't feel oily and it doesn't make it dry either. I'm using FOTE at the moment coz I can't find anything else except banana boat and I dunno if that is as good. Also use aloe gel on my legs after shaving, feels great! eheh ;)

I have heard that taking Aloe Vera internally has great benefits to the body (some say even better than topical application).

You can do what Office Monkey said but I think they sell pills also.

Summerlover... Have you found that Solarcaine is the best aloe for you? Because my local pharmacy has that but I was wondering if I should look for something else.

i just started using aloe vera. (as a replacement for my "neutrogena face lotion" which made me break out really bad...) it makes ur skin alot nicer... less red and not greasy at all..

I put the aloe vera(from the leaf of the plant) for 30 mins and then I was it off and it feels really good. I think it works for me

Fruit of THe Earth Brand is NOT 100% Aloe Vera Gel read your bottles again!!

It only says 100% GEL. If you read the ingredient list on Drugstore.com it lists:

Ingredients:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloe Vera Gel, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer 940, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea

if you want all natural try either the plant itself or Aubrey Organics Brand it's a liquid version and you apply it like a toner. Ingredients are a basic 3 Aloe Vera Gel, Vitamin E, Grapeseed Extract.

Yes and no about Fruit of the earth being 100% aloe. I dont really know how to explain it, but the concentration of Aloe is 100%, while some brands like J/a/s/o/n only use 80% Aloe. There are other ingredients in it, but saying 100% Aloe doesnt mean there wont be. The saying for no other ingredients would techincally be all natural. Take desert essence jojoba oil for example, it says organic, all natural....the only ingredient in there is jojoba, nothing else.

However, the other ingredients in the fruit of the earth Aloe are just preservatives and Vitaman E.

I used to use it as a moisturizer but it dried me out, so now after im done shaving i rinse my face and smear a glob of aloe on and let it sink in while im in the shower and then wash my face. It really calms any irritation i have, any cuts i have, any redness and smooths my face.

Agree with growing a aloe plant, break a bit off and sqeeze it straight onto your face, cant beat it and of course 100% pure aloe vera.. Speeds up healing of existing pimples but does nothing for prevention of acne or scars.. but just great, refreshing like cucumber..

Aloe didn't do a thing for my acne, positive or negative. It feels nice, but it does nothing for edmarks or scarring, and I don't believe for active pimples.

Does it sting your face? My face stings a lot after I apply the CVS brand of Aloe Vera. I left my bottle at home (currently in college), so I can't test to see if it still drys me out after I exfoliate... last time I applied AV it seemed to have dried my face, but maybe it's because my skin wasn't exfoliating properly.

it doesn't sting mine but i only apply it on my nose and forehead and sometimes my chin because thats where my scars are.

about all the people saying it doesn't clear up acne..

on some people it does but for the most part i've heard tons of people say how it lightens there scars. worked great on mine ..

Aloe vera gel comes from beneath the layers of Aloe plant leaves which is succulent-like often thought of as cactus leaves. Aloe vera leaves are filled with thick and gelatinous gel and the aloe vera gel at the center of each leaf is important for medicinal purposes. Each aloe leaf is divided into four layers, the rind which is the hard greenish gray other protective layer, the sap which is the bitter liquid under the rind that surrounds the gel, the mucilage gel or the inner leaf area and, the inner gel or the gel fillet which contains eight essential...

Edited by fgfdb