Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think if acne wasn't an issue for me, i'd have a full life, going to lots of places and doing lots of things. Here are some examples of the things i want to do but i feel my skin stops me :-(

1) swimming - I don't wanna go swimming cos a. it could make my skin worse and b. the chlorine makes your spots glow red and look more obvious!

2) mountain biking - i'm a keen mountain biker but now i always think the helmet will rub against my skin too much.

3) going out in the sun - i don't wanna make my redness any worse, especially now i'm taking accutane!

4) going anywhere where there are fluorescent or bright lights.

5) going camping or anywhere where i don't have access to mirrors/sink/shower etc.

6) this is the most annoying for me - eating in public - because most of my spots are round my mouth and chin, when i eat, the simple movement of my mouth irritates my skin and makes my skin go all dry red and flaky, so eating stuff that you have to 'open wide' for are a big no no, like big sandwiches or burgers. i find myself eating small things like chips and small sweets and then i have to moisturise after everytime i eat! restaurants are a nightmare! ridiculous or what?!?

so let's see what else you guys can add to the list and we'll see in what other interesting ways acne screws up all our lives! lol.....

Ermmm, just taking my shirt off for things like swimming. I'm not totally obsessed with staying away from my face but I would really enjoy being able to touch my face as much as I wanted without fearing about getting new spots from the dirt.

Nothing. Why should I let something like acne stop me? I'm 18, 5'6 and 112 lbs. I'm at the prime of my life.

Crap to acne. Make-up works ownders. And if I'm at the beach, flashy sunglasses work, along with a bikini. Draws attention away from my pimples. ;)

Nothing. Why should I let something like acne stop me? I'm 18, 5'6 and 112 lbs. I'm at the prime of my life.

Crap to acne. Make-up works ownders. And if I'm at the beach, flashy sunglasses work, along with a bikini. Draws attention away from my pimples. ;)

Totally agree with your eating-in-public, that happens to me all the time..also camping..sleepovers.. eating anything I want...no concealer..swimming..going out whenever I want and not letting a breakout get in the way..its endless

It stops me from exercising. Sometimes when I exercise it makes my acne worse. It stops me from getting my hair done because I dont want people looking at my ugly face when Im there for my hair. I dont know. I cannot really think of much things it stops me from doing. It stops me from being happy. There are a lot of things though that prevent me from being as confident and happy as I could be

Having sleep-overs is a major one for me because it means taking off make up and doing my regimin. I also don't get drunk anymore because I'm scared that its going to make me break out.

Less outgoing... that can apply to a ton of things (love life, friends, how I act at work with customers, how much fun I have, meeting new people, etc...)

I owuld be more normal, not thinking over the past and don't care so much about people's opinion and perhaps dating. Not because I'm afraid of what guys think but more my pride.

Swimming

Picture taking

Being able to wake up and just 'go', my parents hate waiting for me to get ready to go out. :eh:

I don't like eating out in public much, but I still do it.

If only the world was like in "Shallow Hal"........

For me, its taking pictures, blanking out nasty comments and giving up break out foods like Supreme Triple Pepperoni Double Cheese Pizza.....Drool.....