Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynne

Everyday Minerals Cult

I just had to share my experience with this makeup. I was out shopping today and a lady who was standing in front of me in the check out lane told me I have beautiful skin and asked me what I used. I was taken aback since I've been battling acne for quite a while and have the scars to prove it (some brown marks from hyperpigmentation). Without Everyday Minerals my skin looks horrible. I wasn't sure if she meant skin treatments or makeup so I told her I use mineral makeup but I neglected to tell her what kind. (I used Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation in Buttered Tan) I was still recovering from the shock of someone telling me I had beautiful skin! But then she asked me if I ever used Mary Kay. I thought "Okay, here comes the sales pitch." I said no. She asked me if she could give me her card because she wanted to use me for a presentation of Mary Kay cosmetics where she'd take pictures of my before and after. I said okay and she gave me her card and I gave her my number. Curiosity (and vanity!) got the best of me and hindsight tells me that she just complimented me so that she could get my business. I don't know. :confused:

I just had to share my experience with this makeup. I was out shopping today and a lady who was standing in front of me in the check out lane told me I have beautiful skin and asked me what I used. I was taken aback since I've been battling acne for quite a while and have the scars to prove it (some brown marks from hyperpigmentation). Without Everyday Minerals my skin looks horrible. I wasn't sure if she meant skin treatments or makeup so I told her I use mineral makeup but I neglected to tell her what kind. (I used Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation in Buttered Tan) I was still recovering from the shock of someone telling me I had beautiful skin! But then she asked me if I ever used Mary Kay. I thought "Okay, here comes the sales pitch." I said no. She asked me if she could give me her card because she wanted to use me for a presentation of Mary Kay cosmetics where she'd take pictures of my before and after. I said okay and she gave me her card and I gave her my number. Curiosity (and vanity!) got the best of me and hindsight tells me that she just complimented me so that she could get my business. I don't know. :confused:

Oh wow!!! I believe she asked and noticed you because your skin must've looked so healthy and glowy! :angel: She was probably looking for someone with really nice skin for Mary Kay and found you. Wow.... i reckon you should go ahead with it, see if you like it or not. Hopefully they dont get pushy into buying the products.

Oh wow!!! I believe she asked and noticed you because your skin must've looked so healthy and glowy! :angel: She was probably looking for someone with really nice skin for Mary Kay and found you. Wow.... i reckon you should go ahead with it, see if you like it or not. Hopefully they dont get pushy into buying the products.

Yeah, I'll see what she has to say when/if she calls me.

You know, it's funny you said I must have looked glowy because just the other day my husband said "You're skin is glowing today." I was really excited! And now this experience at the store today! I have finally found my makeup!!! I love this stuff! And the Buttered Tan matches so perfectly with my skin. I normally have a horrible time trying to find makeup at the drugstore that matches my skin (I have yet to try department store makeup - can't bring myself to pay those prices!) I am half black and half white and have a fairly yellow undertone to my skin. Everyday Minerals has been my holy grail! :dance:

Yeah, I'll see what she has to say when/if she calls me.

You know, it's funny you said I must have looked glowy because just the other day my husband said "You're skin is glowing today." I was really excited! And now this experience at the store today! I have finally found my makeup!!! I love this stuff! And the Buttered Tan matches so perfectly with my skin. I normally have a horrible time trying to find makeup at the drugstore that matches my skin (I have yet to try department store makeup - can't bring myself to pay those prices!) I am half black and half white and have a fairly yellow undertone to my skin. Everyday Minerals has been my holy grail! :dance:

Ooooohh YAY :dance: Well your skin must've looked glowy because thats what EM does! :boogie: Glad EM is working for you! Its my HG also!

I ended up requesting Countryside and In The Garden. I think when I place my next order, which should be relatively soon, I'm going to get Diary, because I do like purple-y eyeshadows.

I've been eyeing the Diary one for awhile. It looks like a wonderful shimmery light purplish colour. :gimme:

The Silk Dust I have used is the white one I thought it goes on transucelent but it doesn't makes me look ghostly. I just put it away awhile back ...

See. That's why they need to offer samples of the finishing powders. I wanted to try several.

Yer true. Im pretty sure if you email them in, they can arrange the finishing powder samples for you! ;)

Congratulations! I never got compliments when wearing Bare Minerals, but with EDM I get them almost every time I wear the makeup.

i actually just got my sample kit today and i tried the beige neutral first; it was amazing! even just a little covered way better than my AN mmu did.and the intensive medium concealer was great too. im going through a really bad breakout now that i stopped taking doxy(cant take pills forever) so this is really a life saver for me. not to mention its the beginning of freshman year for me so acne is the last thing i want everyone seeing me with. im not sure its an exact match because i dont have the best lighting in my house but ill check it in natural light tomorrow

i actually just got my sample kit today and i tried the beige neutral first; it was amazing! even just a little covered way better than my AN mmu did.and the intensive medium concealer was great too. im going through a really bad breakout now that i stopped taking doxy(cant take pills forever) so this is really a life saver for me. not to mention its the beginning of freshman year for me so acne is the last thing i want everyone seeing me with. im not sure its an exact match because i dont have the best lighting in my house but ill check it in natural light tomorrow

yeah for you! :dance: :boogie:

BTW - i wanted to give my fellow cult members an update. i got the free gift from EM - it was full size summer balancing dust. the jar is HUGE! anyway, i tried it when i got home and WOW. i love it! it gives just a hint of color and a nice finish to the face. i will definitely use it over my EM but also on the weekends when i don't wear any makeup except the present.

The Silk Dust I have used is the white one I thought it goes on transucelent but it doesn't makes me look ghostly. I just put it away awhile back ...

See. That's why they need to offer samples of the finishing powders. I wanted to try several.

Yer true. Im pretty sure if you email them in, they can arrange the finishing powder samples for you! ;)

I did and the response was that they didn't offer them and I could just buy a small.

oh i have a question; how long does a 8g jar usually last?

a looong time........i would say at least 2 months, but don't quote me on that. right now, i'm finishing up my samples and those lasted me like 2 weeks. 'tash, can you help?

i'm ordering the i can't believe it kit tomorrow so i only have to go a few days without my EM foundation........i have few other shades that i can mix to make it work in the interim.

a looong time........i would say at least 2 months, but don't quote me on that. right now, i'm finishing up my samples and those lasted me like 2 weeks. 'tash, can you help?

i'm ordering the i can't believe it kit tomorrow so i only have to go a few days without my EM foundation........i have few other shades that i can mix to make it work in the interim.

The 8g are the full size right?

Well, the full size ones last months for me! I ordered the Everyday Kit at the beginning of March and I'm not even close to running out of anything that came in the kit...and I use it everyday! The blushes are still practically full! It's really a great buy for a good price.

Now...of to change my signature!!! :dance:

Hey everyone

I was reading a makeup blog and the creator stated that she definitely does not recommend some brand of mineral makeup (don't remember which) for dry skin because it will only accentuate the dryness.

Nonetheless, I want to order some free samples from EM but I have a few questions so please help! I wanna get this stuff on the way asap!

Alright, so I was wondering why so many of you are using the intensive formula instead of the Original Glo? I guess I'm just assuming everyone on DKR has dry skin, but that probably isn't true....but I do have dry and sometimes flaky skin from the regimen. Can I still wear one of the powder foundations (whichever one, intensive or glo) with my dry skin? How can I make it look better? Can I wear a "regular" liquid foundation underneath an EM powder one, or would that be redundant?

Also, I'm not sure with which face color to go with.....I've never seen powders in those colors before! lol It's almost overwhelming and daunting....can't imagine putting like pink powder ALL over my face haha

Please help me out! I would love any advice

Yay!! :boogie: Another EM convert! Glad its been working for you! :D

yeah for you! :dance: :boogie:

BTW - i wanted to give my fellow cult members an update. i got the free gift from EM - it was full size summer balancing dust. the jar is HUGE! anyway, i tried it when i got home and WOW. i love it! it gives just a hint of color and a nice finish to the face. i will definitely use it over my EM but also on the weekends when i don't wear any makeup except the present.

Ooooo wow! :dance: That sounds really nice for summer! :gimme:

I did and the response was that they didn't offer them and I could just buy a small.

Ohh really? :( Actually if you post in the EM blog (which Carina (president of EM) directly reads) im sure she will arrange this for you!

Hmm 8g? Maybe what you said Jai, 2 months? Though it depends how much coverage you need and if you wear it everyday.

I use their multi-tasking concealer as foundation which is 6g and this lasts me 3-4wks. I have stubborn redmarks, and i need alotta coverage (3-4 layers). And also, i wear my EM religiously everyday!

The 8g are the full size right?

Well, the full size ones last months for me! I ordered the Everyday Kit at the beginning of March and I'm not even close to running out of anything that came in the kit...and I use it everyday! The blushes are still practically full! It's really a great buy for a good price.

Now...of to change my signature!!! :dance:

Yerp their the full size ones, 8g

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Hey everyone

I was reading a makeup blog and the creator stated that she definitely does not recommend some brand of mineral makeup (don't remember which) for dry skin because it will only accentuate the dryness.

Nonetheless, I want to order some free samples from EM but I have a few questions so please help! I wanna get this stuff on the way asap!

Alright, so I was wondering why so many of you are using the intensive formula instead of the Original Glo? I guess I'm just assuming everyone on DKR has dry skin, but that probably isn't true....but I do have dry and sometimes flaky skin from the regimen. Can I still wear one of the powder foundations (whichever one, intensive or glo) with my dry skin? How can I make it look better? Can I wear a "regular" liquid foundation underneath an EM powder one, or would that be redundant?

Also, I'm not sure with which face color to go with.....I've never seen powders in those colors before! lol It's almost overwhelming and daunting....can't imagine putting like pink powder ALL over my face haha

The intensive formula was made for people who need extra coverage like people like us, acne, rosacea, melasma, etc. The original glo is for people with drier skin types and gives you a dewy appearance. So if you need extra coverage, but have dry skin, you can always mix the intensive and original glo formula together! :razz:

Also before starting EM, i strongly recommend getting your face well hydrated, as powder can accentuate dry spots. I like using Cetaphil Cream at night which preps my skin for EM the next day. Yes, and its fine to wear a liquid foundation/tinted moisturiser under EM :) Whichever suits you!

Well, on their site there colours can look different to real life, than on their website. I'd recommend getting the free sample kit, (you only have to pay for shipping) this would be a good start! :)

Hey everyone

The intensive formula was made for people who need extra coverage like people like us, acne, rosacea, melasma, etc. The original glo is for people with drier skin types and gives you a dewy appearance. So if you need extra coverage, but have dry skin, you can always mix the intensive and original glo formula together! :razz:

Also before starting EM, i strongly recommend getting your face well hydrated, as powder can accentuate dry spots. I like using Cetaphil Cream at night which preps my skin for EM the next. Yes, and its fine to wear a liquid foundation/tinted moisturiser under EM :) Whichever suits you!

Well, on their site there colours can look different to real life, than on their computer. I'd recommend getting the free sample kit, (you only have to pay for shipping) this would be a good start! :)

kk thank you very much! I can't wait! I use cetaphil cream at night also :) so I guess I'll just keep that up with some jojoba oil...

thanks again `Tash

Hey everyone

Also before starting EM, i strongly recommend getting your face well hydrated, as powder can accentuate dry spots. I like using Cetaphil Cream at night which preps my skin for EM the next. Yes, and its fine to wear a liquid foundation/tinted moisturiser under EM :) Whichever suits you!

Well, on their site there colours can look different to real life, than on their computer. I'd recommend getting the free sample kit, (you only have to pay for shipping) this would be a good start! :)

kk thank you very much! I can't wait! I use cetaphil cream at night also :) so I guess I'll just keep that up with some jojoba oil...

thanks again `Tash

Ohhh yay then!! :dance: Maybe just apply a little bit more cetaphil or like you said, jojoba oil would be great :)

oh alright well that sounds good to me :)

wow i just put EM on again this morning and it covers everythingg.i used BP last night for the first time in a while and i think i used too much so around my mouth it was BRIGHT red. but with EM on i look perfectly normal.i tried out EM a while back i wonder why i didnt really like it then...maybe it was because it was a different formula

Hey everyone

I use Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera as a primer, then apply moisturizer, to alleviate dryness. Now I only get flakiness if I slack on drinking enough water. You could try that :)

oh alright well that sounds good to me :)

wow i just put EM on again this morning and it covers everythingg.i used BP last night for the first time in a while and i think i used too much so around my mouth it was BRIGHT red. but with EM on i look perfectly normal.i tried out EM a while back i wonder why i didnt really like it then...maybe it was because it was a different formula

Formula makes all the difference. When I first tried EM I ordered some of the samples in original glo & semi-matte & of course those were the colors that worked best. So I got the impression it was too shiny for me. I'm glad I gave it a 2nd shot & tried it again, but all in matte or intensive.

Something I've been doing:

I've recently had a cystic acne flair-up that left some pretty bad red marks. While I deal with those (scar treatment and so on), the EM Concealer/Foundation just hasn't been satisfying in covering those up. So I went out and bought some Physician's formula mineral cream concealer.

I use Pure Silk Dust as a base (awesome tip) then use the PF concealer on the spots I want to cover. Then I just put on the foundation and other concealer like normal, using the Finishing Dust as the finale.

I would just make a cream out of the EM concealer, but the texture is different and it doesn't work well with flaky healing. The PF concealer is nice because it's also mineral makeup (albeit not quite as high quality, but it was great coverage and it's cheap).

I also used the Silk Dust before I went to bed and, omg, it's amazing. I woke up with soft, oil free skin.

My sample kit arrived today (yay!) and I'm going to try it out once this nasty cyst goes away. My question is...how do you all avoid making a huge mess?

With the samples, a little mess is unavoidable, lol. Some probably put a paper towel or plate or something under them. I just pick up a little bit and dump the excess in my hand. I swirl in around in my hand, just like a lid. =] But that's just me. Just don't use too much! Good luck with EM, I'm sure you'll love it.

With the samples, a little mess is unavoidable, lol. Some probably put a paper towel or plate or something under them. I just pick up a little bit and dump the excess in my hand. I swirl in around in my hand, just like a lid. =] But that's just me. Just don't use too much! Good luck with EM, I'm sure you'll love it.

A paper towel is a good idea, I should have thought of that. :doh:

Thanks!

My sample kit arrived today (yay!) and I'm going to try it out once this nasty cyst goes away. My question is...how do you all avoid making a huge mess?

You could tap a little into a small dish or another lid if you have one. I used my BE Foundation lid when I had my samplers. Just be careful not to put too much in it.